Corn Prices and Alternatives

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up 1680 lbs of corn today. Trashy as heck with cob and some stalk, but built a sifting system to filter that out when filling drums.

IMG_2099.jpeg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice Haul ! love to have that trailer always wanted one of those!
I should have bought dozens of them to resell.
That trailer that dumps was bought for. $175.00 with three new tires, one a spare after the government deemed it surplus.
One of the auction companies the government use’s listed them by state and military base location.
This one was at Tinker in OKC along with a dozen others in the same shape. It’s rated one ton off road and 1.25 ton on road. 1969 vintage. There were some 1 3/4 ton available as well.
The kicker in the deal is that to purchase one, you had to go through a full government security check. You had to sign an affidavit that you would not resell them without notifying the government about who the buyer was.
The new buyer was required to go through the same security check and so on.
I asked why and was told it could be used as a weapons platform in another country.
I’ve personally never seen anything that remotely looks like that trailer used as a weapon’s platform.
That being said, I’ve seen them on eBay for well over a grand with no background BS advertisement.

Latest posts

Top Bottom