Corn Prices and Alternatives

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That’s the best price on bagged corn I’ve heard of in 3 years.
Local feed store by property has 50# corn for $10 and 5/32 all stock 13% for $10.50/50#. Very clean corn. All stock works fine in our spin feeders and deer eat off the ground. Just don't let any moisture in the feeder. Twice the protein as corn.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not all stores carry it, but they’d more than likely get some in for you if you ask. My local store didn’t carry it either until I asked, and now they keep it on hand and according to the manager sell a lot of it. It’s really good feed for cows and deer.
you should be able to access any feed you want in any pellet size you want from 5/32 up to an inch. i wonder if the pellets about the size of your little finger smaller would work better for you?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Are you getting it for that price dried and cleaned and ready to go into a feeder? If so, that's a hell of a deal ya got going with that farmer.
If his machine is set right, there should be very little trash in it, but still smart to look through each bucket before you dump it in the feeder. I've been getting a ton of corn from the same guy out of the field for over 10y now and have yet to find a piece of cob. Occasionally I'll find a piece of stem.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMG_1844.png

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buddy called me, he had grabbed 10 bags of deer corn at Wally, $7.95

Told him to check and he is mad, mostly at himself for getting too excited at price and not seeing 30# bag.

Smaller package seems to be the prevelant marketing stategy.

SAME PRICE
SAME QUALITY
at half the size

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m not sure if it‘s all stores locations, but Atwoods here in east TX has raised the deer corn price from $8.99 to $9.99/40# but Tractor Supply lowered theirs from $10.99 to $8.99/40#.

Latest posts

Top Bottom