Cotton Bowl

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Give me a break. That 2000 National Championship had 105 players on the roster, and 65 of them were Freshmen and Sophomores. Several of the upperclassmen were Jucos (including the offensive and defensive leaders, Heupel and Marshall, respectively), and a large percentage of those who weren't would have gone to OU regardless of the coaching staff. The starting wide receivers were all freshmen or sophomores, as we're several players on both lines and in the defensive backfield.

Tell me again how they won the National Championship with Blake's payers?
Tell me again the last time "Big Game Bob" actually won a big game?? cough..Florida...cough....Heck for that matter tell me the last time Big Game Bob made a touchdown from inside the 20 yard line?

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stoops and Stoops have forgotten what defense is. Stoop supporters have run out of excuses now that Venables left for Clemson. Maybe we're not paying the older brother enough. Both brothers blamed last night's curb stomp on the players. Takes alot of courage to do that.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bedlam never gets old.

Just keep rambling on about tradition. It doesn't put points on the scoreboard.
I haven't read all posts but something tells me poke fans are comparing this loss to them beating the lowly likes of Purdue.

Pretty much the same level of competition in the eyes of OSU fans I guess

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Johnny Football made OU his personal female dog. Wow, that was embarrassing for Sooner fan. It certainly appears the Heisman trophy went to the right player. That's one talented kid.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't read all posts but something tells me poke fans are comparing this loss to them beating the lowly likes of Purdue.

I haven't seen any indicators in the thread that would lead me to arrive at that conclusion.

I thought this thread was about this year's Cotton Bowl.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

No, not at all. Guess that's what happens when a gooner ASSumes something about poke fans.

Latest posts

Top Bottom