Cotton Bowl

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Give me a break. Stoops won with Kansas State's coaching staff.

Fixed that.

All B.S. aside - good win for the Aggies last night, and a lousy showing for my K-State Wildcats the night before. Was a good season overall for some of the teams I pull for - except the Kansas City Chiefs. Good God.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fixed that.

All B.S. aside - good win for the Aggies last night, and a lousy showing for my K-State Wildcats the night before. Was a good season overall for some of the teams I pull for - except the Kansas City Chiefs. Good God.

Hopefully help is on the way for your Chiefs. The defense is solid but that offense was offensive this year. Better days ahead for them.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hell, the defense wasn't anything to write home about. What did they give up, over 30 points a game average? Yikes.

They played some tough very though defense at times but when your offense is that bad you are going to be playing a lot of defense. They gave up after a while.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only reason OSU is not the "legacy" school of the state is because Mr. Iba refused to take the bribe money from the state Congress to pay players to come play at OSU. It is as simple as that. It was offered to OSU first and turned down. OU had no problem taking the money and started paying players. This is well documented as fact. OU has continued to cheat and steal their way to the top. Hell, they don't even have to try anymore, when they get close to a first down, they just give it to them. I have watched countless downs where the ball was clearely down 2-3 feet short of the sticks and the refs give them the extra bit they need to get the first. Those are often key points in a tight game. OU fans always fail to see it, but the fact of the matter it, OU players are often paid, their familes get new houses, cushy jobs and when they get caught, it is a slap on the wrist. That is how it works for the "big schools". Dez Bryant got a year suspension for getting scared about a non-violation but Auburn gets a clean pass when it was well documented that their star QB was being shopped around for cash. OU gives out keys to gas pumps, suspends players only to have them reinstated right before OU-Texas. UT, alabama, florida, Ohio State, they all do the same crap. Now sometimes the NCAA drops the hammer on a big school, but that is extremely rare. Instead, they give the big schools a slap on the wrist and then crucify an up and coming school for show.

All you OSU fans jump into OU threads and talk about "butthurt"...... I think this takes the cake.

Don't forget, since we are bringing up the past.... that OSU's Dexter Manley played 4 years at OSU and had second grade reading ability. Yeah, I'm SURE he was the only one..... no cheating there. I know for a fact that it was happening in the late 90s, early 2000s as one of my HS buddies was TA at OSU, and he complained all day about all the academic free rides the football players got.

Dez Bryant got in trouble for lying, plain and simple.

I wouldn't throw stones about OU players..... yep we might get some on guys on pot or whatever but an OSU football player hit a girl in the face last year, one of your Basketball players went to jail for rape, and just this year the Popo caught 35K worth of mary jane going to one of your baseball players. I'm sure this is all somehow different.

Now on the ref/spotting the ball thing, you're just plain delusional. The house comment..... that's just an outright lie...... in fact it's beyond ignorant to believe that.... everyone that's lived in Norman knows where all the athletes live. Granted it's starting to look like a palace, instead of the athletic dorms.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, this I know..... ATM will always be known as the Quitters. If they had stayed in the Big12, they would likely have been Big12 champs. Butttttt noooooo, they got greedy and had to go where the money was (psst... thats why the helmet decal is ATM). Just think, they probably would have beat Texas!!! LOL Anyway, they could be playing 'Bama for the National championship had they stayed loyal. As I said, Aggies will forever be known as the Quitters.

Actually, it was Texas that got greedy with the whole network thing, not A&M. Do I think they were a bit sensitive about it? Yes.... but hey.... it's worked out for them and nobody including me thought it would.

They've got a helluva team from coaching on down and beat our ass last night.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you trying to say, "OU has the best team money can buy?"

On a serious note, I do think college football players should receive a stipend. Between practice and school, it's impossible for them to work a job.

It should be standardised and only adjusted for cost of living around the various parts of the US.

That should be standarized (iPad is on British spelling for some reason)

Latest posts

Top Bottom