Court upholds police pointing gun at lawful carrier

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Obviously he wasn't concealing very good ... the whole article is written very bias and it's hard to get any facts. I guess he sued for harassment - good luck buddy.

thayton

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
A few points as I see them
1 he wasn't concealing very well
2 the LE officer probobly overreacted initialy
3 the citizen was a lawer, did he smart off to officer who then removed offending hardware and licence.
4 the last person that pointed a weapon at me was dead very shortly after, but that a long time ago in a place far far away.
I don't type fast enough for an internet argument.

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
also: This really only affects Massachusetts and other state in that circuit that have similar overbearing laws regarding "officer safety". No offense to our boys in blue, it's just officer safety always gets thrown out there to defend practices that otherwise offend the 4A.

That being said, I'm willing to bet Mr. Attorney deserved his "lecture".

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
also: This really only affects Massachusetts and other state in that circuit that have similar overbearing laws regarding "officer safety". No offense to our boys in blue, it's just officer safety always gets thrown out there to defend practices that otherwise offend the 4A.

That being said, I'm willing to bet Mr. Attorney deserved his "lecture".

This is not necessarily correct.

Circuit court rulings are frequently held as valid in other circuits if that circuit does not have a contrary ruling.

I am pretty confident every circuit will agree with the use of force. Courts are very leery about denying police officers the ability to protect themselves at work.

Where the rub lies is in the officer's actions after the subject was secured and prima facia evidence was uncovered that he was not breaking the law by carrying.

Michael Brown

Latest posts

Top Bottom