Coyote Skinning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okhunter,

What kind of dvds did you make?
Predator hunting! They are about 2 hours long each. There is a coyote skinning demo on the first one and a bobcat on the second. Most of the hunts were filmed in Oklahoma and Texas. There have been a few over the years shown on MOJO OUTDOORS.

Scott

jarhead983

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good DVD's I bought the first sold copy of each. And they're autographed. You would be hard pressed to find anyone around that has more experience with predator calling then Scott.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Predator hunting! They are about 2 hours long each. There is a coyote skinning demo on the first one and a bobcat on the second. Most of the hunts were filmed in Oklahoma and Texas. There have been a few over the years shown on MOJO OUTDOORS.

Scott

Are they still available for purchase?

MarcusR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I seen that Air Skining on youtube yesterday. We are going to try it after out Tournament and see how it works. Even if it does not work im sure we will get a good laugh out of it.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I seen that Air Skining on youtube yesterday. We are going to try it after out Tournament and see how it works. Even if it does not work im sure we will get a good laugh out of it.

I've got to go kill something now just to see if that works. I can see it making a huge difference around the tough areas of the head.

Wonder if you could blow enough Helium into a coyote to make it float...?

Tyson C.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
hahaha crag83 you kill me man so much intrest in these critters....

here is how I did my main cuts...

---have a nice sharp knife and have something to hang him like you are cutting up a deer--trust me this will save you time if you are trying to get the head---

--start from the vent hole aka butthole and go all the way down his belly to his breast plate (lower part of neck). all you want to make a cut threw that first thin layer of skin, you don't have to gut the thing.

*(FUR LINE= this is where his under belly color and main pelt colors start to meet)

--start at the hind legs first. finding a starting area on the hind leg either closer to the paw or higher up, what ever makes you sleep safe at night and cut around the leg at your mark. then cut along the fur line which runs along the back of his leg to its vent hole. repeat on the other leg.

--start pulling and cutting loose the pelt from the body and cut the tail off close to the base of the body. keep going till you get close to the front. if you plan on tanning keep as much "fat" on the body and not your fur. trust me it will save you time.

--your next cut starts on the lower front legs or however high you want on the leg. cut all the way around the leg. starting from there go up along the fur line which runs kinda along the front inside of his legs, makeing your way up to the cut you made from vent hole to lower neck. repeat on other leg

-- if you have made it this far, keep pulling and cutting its entire pelt down the neck till you get to the ears. cut around the base of the ears close to head. from there on just keep working your way around and pulling on the fur next thing you know it will all be off.

-- lay the pelt out and start at the bottom of the tail cutting into the tail tissue and work your way to the tip. you then should be able to grab the base of the tail tendon and pull upward BECAREFUL TOWARDS THE TIP, YOU COULD PULL THE END OFF, SO TRIM WITH KNIFE AS YOU GET CLOSE TO THE END.

then take the skin and fold it so that the meat side touch each other (like folding a taco), roll the fur up and put in a trash bag and put it in the freezer till your ready. OR you can go buy some MORTON SALT or SEA SALT and cover the entire meat side. one 2lbs can of salt will cover the dog easily use it all. let the salt set for a couple hours (this allows to to "settle" in), then fold it up, roll it up and put it in freezer. i did not apply salt to mine, and got to tanning it about 2months later and everything still turned out fine, but salting it is the first step in tanning.

BUT as we speak i am in the finishing process of tanning and oiling my first coyote skin. i am in the last few hours of having it completely finished out. to me it is turning out great even for a first timer. this is my first one ever and i have been taking notes with a lot of pics to share. i plan on posting it in here for all to view (maybe make a sticky) and all to ask away. i should have it with in the next day or so. i received some new knives and some products from Van Dyke's for christmas (thanks little brother).

if you finally got yourself a yote, skin it and put it in a trash bag and put it in the freezer that worked for me and look for my TOPIC in the next few days.

stay tuned......:coffee2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom