Crohn's Disease

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone have it? Or ulcerative colitis? I've been having problems recently, seeing a GI doc next week. Just thought I'd see if anyone had any experiences that I could compare mine to.

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know about krohns, but my sister has UC which was very severe but is now manageable. She spent two long stays in Mercy for it (once about 6 months and the other about 8 I think) and when she finally went to surgery to get the weak part of her colon removed there was difficulties because of the weak tissue and she was in IC for a couple days. All I can say is if you expect that's what it is, bring it up a lot because the sooner it is diagnosed the better for you and your family, I think my paternal grandfather had one or the other too, but I'm not sure if it is apt to pass down or not, sorry I cant be more help, and good luck.

okiehomie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Could be wrong but i don't think there's a cure for Crohn's. but it can be treated with change in eating habits, meds, and i think they also have surgery for it sometimes

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Could be wrong but i don't think there's a cure for Crohn's. but it can be treated with change in eating habits, meds, and i think they also have surgery for it sometimes

I think that's right - my cousin's husband has Crohn's, and he manages it pretty well. There are certain things you just don't eat, and every once in a while he'll cheat. He knows it when he does, too. Gas, pain, and the 'quids too, I think.

Hope your diagnosis comes out OK.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know if he still gets on here ... haven't seen him post in a while but Isaih'sDad has it. You might PM him and see if he answers you back. Other than that I don't know much about it. Like Plissken wife's says ... I think a good doctor is gonna make all the difference in the world for you.

You're in my prayers!

BagdHoe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad passed away 6 years ago from complications of Crohn's and his 20+ years of battle with it. Many, many, many months in ICU and hospitals for as long as I can remember. Good diet and good doctor.

I hope your diagnosis comes out negative.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
If I had to follow this diet regimen, I think I would rather be dead. WTF

The foods that trigger symptoms differ for each person with Crohn's disease. To know which foods to leave out of your diet plan, you'll need to determine which foods trigger yours. Many people with Crohn's disease find that the foods on the following list aggravate symptoms during disease flares. So it's likely that at least some of these listed foods will trigger your symptoms:

* alcohol (mixed drinks, beer, wine)
* butter, mayonnaise, margarine, oils
* carbonated beverages
* coffee, tea, chocolate
* corn husks
* dairy products (if lactose intolerant)
* fatty foods (fried foods)
* foods high in fiber
* gas-producing foods (lentils, beans, legumes, cabbage, broccoli, onions)
* nuts and seeds (peanut butter, other nut butters)
* raw fruits
* raw vegetables
* red meat and pork
* spicy foods
* whole grains and bran

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its not all those things. Its usually one or two but those are the ones that are common. So its not to say you cant eat all that stuff, just one or two things from that list.

I have been to the GI and had a colonoscopy (at 21, Im now 24). They couldn't find anything wrong with me but occasionally I have issues. I think my trigger is lots of alcohol. My senior summer after high school was h3ll and college was a treat. More so I think it is wheat beers. Just a theory.

Other than that I eat tons of red meat and it doesn't seem to bug me. My eating habits are sporadic though and every once in a while I will have a "flare up" for a couple of days. I also have issues some times after eating certain foods, like I will need to use the restroom as soon as I walk in the door from being out, or depending on distance have to stop somewhere on the way home, yeah, its that bad.

Best of luck, hopefully they at least have an answer for you. It sucks for me because I went through the colonoscopy and all I got was a shoulder shrug and a hand shake. They couldn't find anything so they don't know what it is, but def something isnt right.

Latest posts

Top Bottom