Dan Wesson PM-45 1911 purchase

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Update on the holster...it's getting returned. I broke it in per 1791's instructions of wrapping the pistol in a plastic bag and leaving it in the holster for 12 hours. Fit was perfect afterwards, but the front slide serrations are hanging up on the stitching on the interior for the brown accent panel. The threads are already pulled and fraying after just a couple draws...they would be toast in no time. If you have a pistol with front slide serrations, this holster isn't for you.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Update on the holster...it's getting returned. I broke it in per 1791's instructions of wrapping the pistol in a plastic bag and leaving it in the holster for 12 hours. Fit was perfect afterwards, but the front slide serrations are hanging up on the stitching on the interior for the brown accent panel. The threads are already pulled and fraying after just a couple draws...they would be toast in no time. If you have a pistol with front slide serrations, this holster isn't for you.
I have one just like that for my XDM that I had made by a member here. I cant return it so I'm thinking about addressing the sharp angle on those front serrations.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very pretty holster.If you want to stick with leather look at Lance Nixon holsters.That guy makes holster like Steve Potts make knives.A true artist.If you let him know about the sight on your gun he will make a holster that will work.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get some good kydex. Leather is old news

I was actually thinking of going with kydex as well. Do you have any OWB models in mind that you would recommend? Garrett Silent Thunder holsters are really the only kydex that I've heard good things about. The Silent Thunder STX and STX 2.0 look interesting, but they're leather lined.

CGS1

I'm Retired, Do It Yourself.
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was actually thinking of going with kydex as well. Do you have any OWB models in mind that you would recommend? Garrett Silent Thunder holsters are really the only kydex that I've heard good things about. The Silent Thunder STX and STX 2.0 look interesting, but they're leather lined.
Kydex makes for a durable holster but it can be hard on your pistols finish.
You may take a look at Wilson Combat leather holsters. I have one and have had it for years.
https://shopwilsoncombat.com/mobile/Full-Size/products/721/

Latest posts

Top Bottom