Daughter's Incident and SDA Class for Women!? Help...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BikerHT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My 21yo baby girl had a scare today around noon. She's a property manager at an apartment complex at 15th & Robinson, north of downtown OKC. She had gone to a faucet store near SW 44th & Agnew and when she came out, there was a guy leaning up against her Jeep.

He asked her if she'd give him a ride in her Jeep, "pretty Lady." She kept her distance and was calling a LEO friend, since her phone was in her hand. About this time another customer she had seen in the store came out, sensed a problem and told the guy to either leave or they'd call the cops, and he wasn't above whipping this guys ass right there. BG left, making a comment that they'd have to "do it another time"!

She has been shooting a few time recently with her LEO friend and many times with us on our property. She's definitely ready to take her SDA class. Is there one in OKC geared toward women?

I have 5 daughters, with her being the youngest...I've told them all to get trained and carry!

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A person's safety is worth the short drive to Tulsa. I know a member on here ProBusiness offers a class that is women only in the Tulsa area. Lets them handle and shoot many different kinds of firearms so they can get a feel for what they like.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is an OKC group that specializes in Women's Personal Defense it is called:
http://www.oklahomapersonaldefense.com/
The Oklahoma Personal Defense Academy for Women.
They may do other more "standard" courses as well but they specialize in personal defense (not just SDA) courses for women. If your daughter calls tell her to ask for Tammy Pinkston.

osy79

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is an OKC group that specializes in Women's Personal Defense it is called:
http://www.oklahomapersonaldefense.com/
The Oklahoma Personal Defense Academy for Women.
They may do other more "standard" courses as well but they specialize in personal defense (not just SDA) courses for women. If your daughter calls tell her to ask for Tammy Pinkston.

Definitely +1 for Oklahoma Personal Defense Academy. Tammy is great, and should be able to work with your daughters situation to get her in asap. There is no other program that I know of geared towards women in the OKC area.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As already mentioned: The SDA class is NOT firearm training or self-defense training.

I think a good course of action would be to take an SDA class, but supplement it with some continuation training...if she's in OKC she can't go wrong with Will's classes at H&H....he is patient and will work with her.

Not too long ago I took his shotgun class. One of the students was a lady who knew nothing about scatterguns...by the time the class was over she was running that gun, blowing targets away and smiling from ear to ear.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The concealed carry class or SDA is about the law. When you can lawfully pull a handgun to defend yourself.
There is not any gun training in this class, at least not above a bare min.

Like they said, enroll is a class that teaches defensive shooting.

BikerHT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's what I've told all my girls - and reiterated to her today...get training not just the license. I gave her the website mentioned and told her to give them a call. Dad's gonna be out some money...but well worth it! I think I'll have my wife take a class with her, too. Thanks all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sam Shoun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The best defensive training for women I'm aware of is not live-fire, it's Brandon Bennett's women's self-defense class at Relentless in Tulsa. It's cheap, too. I'm not sure when he has one scheduled, but it's the best available and worth the drive.

Brandon's class is built on an astute understanding of human behavior, what motivates criminal violence and how it unfolds, how to reduce exposure to risk and manage unknown contacts. The defensive material is applicable to a weapons-based environment.

www.relentlessmartialarts.com

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just a suggestion and just trying to give some good advice.
But you might tell her next time if she feels threatened to call 911, not a LEO friend.

Latest posts

Top Bottom