Deep Sea Fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brennan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a opportunity to go deep sea fishing this November. We will be fishing for Grouper, Tuna, MahiMahi. We will be on the boat for 48 hours and fishing at night. The thing is I have to have a shower in the morning or I just do not feel right but there is no showers on the boat. And I am a little worried about getting sea sick. This trip will cost about $1000. Talk me into going.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a chance to go many years ago. I remember when we talked to the man with the boat he told us we had better start with a 1/2 day trip and then go on to a full day. He said even if you had a boat, people still get sea sick once they can no longer see land. We had other people on the boat we were on so he said there was no turning back. We had planned a whole day, but went ahead and took the half day trip. It was a blast and I never felt sick. I would love to go again on a longer trip.

firewalker600

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Go to the doc and he will fix you up with motion sickness medicine. We went out last year in Portugal and two of us got sick. It was a half day trip and was alot of fun but I wish I would have had some motion sickness medication. I got sick but, i fought threw it until I reeled in my last fish and than I blew chunks. My other buddy did not even fish. So get the meds and have a good time. I'm headed to Guam this year and cant wait to get out there and do some fishing again. Good luck and show us the pics.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been on several offshore fishing trips and the only time I felt like getting sick was Marlin fishing out of Jamacia. We partied our a$$ off the night before. It was not a fun day.
My buddy that was transferred to Houston bought a 26' offshore boat with a small cabin and we spent lots of time on the gulf with it.
There is no turning back either as has been posted previously.

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went Salmon fishing in the Pacific of the coast of Victoria Canada. I forgot to pack Dramamine, so I whip into the local drugstore. No Dramamine, only Banamine (or something like that). The guy told me it was the same thing.
I took the Banamine the first day and there were 6 ft seas. look out over the edge and the water is head high on both sides. the boat was about 7 ft wide and about 20 ft long. I could NOT stay awake. If I sat down it rocked me to sleep. If I stood up i got tossed around like a rag doll. But I didn't get sick.
The next day I decided to risk it and went without. Nice calm waters, fish were biting, and I was sick as a dog. I dry heaved to the point I considered eating the sardines so I would have something to throw up.
I decided I'm not a seaman. I keep my big butt on the shore. But the size of the boat plays a big part. I fished on the Critter Fleet in the Atlantic when I was younger and never had any problem.

Latest posts

Top Bottom