Deer vs garden

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyGuyGSP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, so far the radio is working. I don't see any new tracks, I switched stations to a R&B station because it's a lil stronger signal. I'm gonna look into an electric fence. After harvest, I can move it around where I need it.

Exactly. They're super easy to set up, take down and reuse.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, so far the radio is working. I don't see any new tracks, I switched stations to a R&B station because it's a lil stronger signal. I'm gonna look into an electric fence. After harvest, I can move it around where I need it.

Ok, it was a long time ago, and my mind may be clouded, but back when a kid, we went to a family dairy every thursday night to get milk and eggs. The people with the dairy played classical music while milking.
They said it made the cows give more milk as it calmed them down.........

Again, I don't know if this is for sure the truth.
What I do know is that this experience of being around a farm, with livestock and big machinery put me where I'm at today.
Nothing like country living.:D

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know but look forward to your report on how it is working. I have heard of people leaving a radio on in the woods and deer coming up to investigate. I have heard to pick up hair at the barbershop and leave it around to keep them out but that may be a wives tale.

Lonnie, been watching "The Rookie" lately?

lcunningham

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also you could try before the electric fence. Get a strong fishing line and string it around about a foot off the ground. they won't see it and walk into it and scare them off. just make sure its strong enough not to break.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I realize our method can't be used by a lot of you, but we have a dog that runs loose but stays in the yard area. He chases them out of the garden and away from the house every night. You might have some luck with an "invisable fence" for your dog so he/she can roam free. The deer around us are persistant though, if the dog takes a night off to hang out with me on the coach they WILL be in the garden, oddly enough they prefer my pepper plants to everything else.

Latest posts

Top Bottom