delayed 5 days for buying a handgun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i went in yesterday to pick up a new handgun and i was delayed til thursday when they called me in. i have never had this problem in the past. i always went in, payed my money and left with a new gun. what could be the issue this time? the last gun i picked up was prob a month ago or so.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you put your SS# on the form? Last time I bought a 22 I was absent minded, didn't use my SS# and it was held up.. Seems like there is another guy with the same name that isn't so good and they had to make sure I wasn't him.

tm8634

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
more than likely its just them not having all there "ducks in a row" paper work signed off on immediately, a process on there end not yours exspecially when you have got one so close together...its like when you apply for a ccl or a ffl, they dont give a crap enuf to do there:tounge: job "in a timely manner"...

Navydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it really put a bad taste in my mouth, me and my girlfriend were in town and decided to buy a new handgun and go shoot the nice afternoon away. she was more down about it than me

tm8634

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it really put a bad taste in my mouth, me and my girlfriend were in town and decided to buy a new handgun and go shoot the nice afternoon away. she was more down about it than me

Whats bad about it is theres nothing you can do, if we dont do our job right we get fired, they can do whatever they like how ever they:finger: like and we cant do anything...

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i went in yesterday to pick up a new handgun and i was delayed til thursday when they called me in. i have never had this problem in the past. i always went in, payed my money and left with a new gun. what could be the issue this time? the last gun i picked up was prob a month ago or so.

It's only 3 days,weekends don't count.Something has come up about your name or your ssn that sends up a flag.You will have it happen almost everytime you buy one from now on(probably).You can stop it by contacting NICS and requesting a VAF form.Fill it out and send it in and they will assign you a PIN that you put on the 4473 and it will go through immediately.Actually you can download it from here........http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/nics.htm Steve

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's only 3 days,weekends don't count.Something has come up about your name or your ssn that sends up a flag.You will have it happen almost everytime you buy one from now on(probably).You can stop it by contacting NICS and requesting a VAF form.Fill it out and send it in and they will assign you a PIN that you put on the 4473 and it will go through immediately.Actually you can download it from here........http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/nics.htm Steve

Steve, thanks for the link. Going to pass that along.

Roarak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a new pistol a few weeks ago and was delayed for 5 days, however i got a call the next day that everyone was good to go i could come pick up the gun. Its possible that the NICS was having technical issues at the time you were called in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom