delayed 5 days for buying a handgun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nobody is delayed 5 days... It is 3 complete business days, and that is only if NICS does not call the FFL back with the approval. I just had one that didn't call back last week normally it's only about 24hours until they return the call on mine when I get delayed.

As far as the UPIN screw the .gov, Those are my tax dollars paying their salaries, and I feel no need to allow them to voluntarily allow them to build more information on me than they already have, they need to get off their keisters and work. More importantly we as citizens need to force changes to legislation that decreases the delay or does away with the NICS completely. I have enough guns I don't care if I can't buy from an FFL the same day, and if I need one that bad immediately someone is always selling something for cash.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a registered sex offender in New York State that has the same name that I do, so I always give my SS#. I have never been delayed.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I feel no need to allow them to voluntarily allow them to build more information on me than they already have

It's not MORE info,it's the same they already have.Have you ever seen a VAF form? They simply attach that info to a PIN that can be accessed instantly.If getting delayed bothers him it is the ONLY way to correct it. Steve

BTW,BP,I hear Target is having a sale on tin foil. :lmfao:

Navydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I went today and picked up the gun, it got approved sat evening but they neglected to let me know. I never thought about the security clearance , which I have

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not MORE info,it's the same they already have.Have you ever seen a VAF form? They simply attach that info to a PIN that can be accessed instantly.If getting delayed bothers him it is the ONLY way to correct it. Steve

To apply for a UPIN you do have to submit fingerprints I believe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom