Delton ar15

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berserk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
See them going on sale for black friday on grabagun. Are they good to go ? They all use the same basic parts correct from generally the same forgers?

The first AR I owned was a Franken gun with a delton upper and BCG, I never had any problem with it! Zero malfunctions with several thousand rounds through it and it was very accurate.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Y'all gonna find out that there is zero difference in lowers from hi end to low end. Buy the cheapest and go for it. The company I used to work for that made drilling bits took the same bit and painted one gold and one green. They put on an advrtizing blitz that said the gold was better. The field crews bought it. Swore by the gold vs the green. Same dammed drilling bit.

Just goes to show there is no truth in advertising.

BTW most of the stuff you buy on Black Friday is last years inventory or in the case of electronics, a dumbed down version.

raeken45

Made of wrongthink
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Del-ton upper and bcg on an Anderson lower. Never had any problems with it. It was my first AR so I went basic to figure out what I did or didn't want to do on my second build.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unless they are tremendously overstocked, expect delivery mid to late January. maybe later if sales are really high.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Y'all gonna find out that there is zero difference in lowers from hi end to low end. Buy the cheapest and go for it. The company I used to work for that made drilling bits took the same bit and painted one gold and one green. They put on an advrtizing blitz that said the gold was better. The field crews bought it. Swore by the gold vs the green. Same dammed drilling bit.

Just goes to show there is no truth in advertising.

BTW most of the stuff you buy on Black Friday is last years inventory or in the case of electronics, a dumbed down version.

Thank you!!
There are so many people on here that will go blue in the face claiming their AR is better than your AR because of the name on the side.
Quality ammo and good lubrication, and guess what... they all run reliably.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thank you!!
There are so many people on here that will go blue in the face claiming their AR is better than your AR because of the name on the side.
Quality ammo and good lubrication, and guess what... they all run reliably.

Not here! I've handled more than my share of M-4's, and AR/M4 wanna-bee's, and there is little difference in any of them to go stupid over a name on the side of a gun. Everyone I've ever shot will give me 1 to .5 MOA everyday, so nothing to get your panties in a wad over!!!! Besides I'm more concerned what it will do at 300 and up, as to up close and personal, as that's a given with the AR/M4 pattern rifle.

callmecamo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first AR was a Del-Ton. The upper rec. has an odd flat spot on the left side. I assume it's from a goofed up forging process. It hasn't affected anything and it's been 100% reliable. I did replace the factory heavy profile barrel with a lighter one though. I also have used a DT lower for an AR build and had no issues with that. If you can get a deal on it, DT is as good as any other entry-midrange maker out there.

Shodown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My .300 BLK is a Del-Ton upper and BCG (MAS Defense barrel) and I haven't had any problems with it. It was a complete 14.5" .223/5.56 upper and it ran like a champ In that configuration too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom