Dems route to gun control/confiscation according to Pelosi

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stick4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How it will play out
52729370_2251517315070165_2292177999530819584_n.jpg

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
**** = wall huh?

13. H.R.1206 — 116th Congress (2019-2020)
To amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to clarify that noncitizen nationals of the United States who are children of United States citizens are eligible for United States citizenship, and for other purposes.

Other purpose? Voting perhaps? I don't like this Bill, it is political and not n the best interest of this country or the citizens. Trump had better be very careful, he is not a politician, they are trying to pull a fast one and he needs his people to go over the Bill completely, reword it and send it back for revision.

Last edited:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, good luck using your "emergency powers" as President to strip the right to bear arms affirmed by the Bill of Rights from millions of law abiding citizens.

Let's see how well that one works out for you.

She apparently doesn’t understand that the 2A is there for exactly this sort of thing. It’s sad that someone can actually be 3rd in line for the Presidency with that kind of drivel coming from their waxy, surgically-tightened jowls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
who says they have to take the guns? How many people die from gunshots each year? Surely that could be an emergency. Simply going after the ammo and production methods would work just fine. Nothing says it has to be an 'immediate grab'.

Universal micro stamping would make your stash illegal, too. High cap bans, etc etc.

Not to mention that healthcare and climate could both become 'emergencies' under a Democrat president. "our obesity problems are starving our armed forces of needed bodies. We must act in the interest of national security and put our country on a diet."

It's just shocking how this became an 'emergency' once the GOP lost the house. Surely they'd have funded the wall before now if anyone could have foreseen this coming.

I dunno if "Whataboutism" will wok here. Building a border and mandating personal action and Constitutionally protected possessions seems to be quite an apples to oranges comparison. I'll take it. Especially considering there's no real valid argument against a real border, hence the Left voting for it several times.

There's what 60,000 people dying a year from the opioids? Where's all the heroin coming from?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_national_emergencies_in_the_United_States

Going by the list here, I'd say it's not a bad call.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
not sure what 'machine' i'm a part of in Oxford Mississippi. But i guess that is what passes for 'looking at the big picture' these days.

Looking at the bigger picture tells me that location doesn't mandate political leanings. Looking at the bigger picture also tells me that some people have a bit more courage to their conviction in lieu of what the opposition MIGHT do.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dunno if "Whataboutism" will wok here. Building a border and mandating personal action and Constitutionally protected possessions seems to be quite an apples to oranges comparison. I'll take it. Especially considering there's no real valid argument against a real border, hence the Left voting for it several times.

There's what 60,000 people dying a year from the opioids? Where's all the heroin coming from?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_national_emergencies_in_the_United_States

Going by the list here, I'd say it's not a bad call.

opioids could certainly be considered an emergency (and one near to me), but don't pretend that they majority of the drugs are being smuggled across the border because of a lack of a fence. IIRC some of the largest seizures have been at border checkpoints in recent years.

And i have no doubt that emergencies have been declared for a variety of things. I'm saying that right now, in this situation, it appears it's being used as an end run to a political end. If it was truly an emergency then why wasn't it done sooner? Just because he isn't getting his way, doesn't make it 'an emergency'. Congress not going along with his plan doesn't make it 'an emergency', either.

And for the record, i don't object to the wall in and of itself. I object to it from the standpoint that it's cost to value is very low and that nothing is being done to address the actual issues with immigration reform. The 'wall first, reform later' argument is crap and designed to keep the issue on the table for political reasons and not actually fix the situation.

A broken immigration system is a far better rallying point for both parties than one that works would be.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking at the bigger picture tells me that location doesn't mandate political leanings. Looking at the bigger picture also tells me that some people have a bit more courage to their conviction in lieu of what the opposition MIGHT do.

location and leanings are not tied together and i never said they were. It was said i was part of a 'machine', which i can assure you would be tough to do from where i'm located. And even if i was, it'd be even tougher to have any kind of influence on national politics from here.

Courage of conviction is admirable. When i see some come from Washington i'll make sure to note it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom