Depression

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.C. Kerns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fall and winter are my favorite seasons but I can still relate to you about depression. My wife is very very sick and in a long term critical care unit for the next several weeks. We don't even know if she will make it home..We've been married for 43 years and I'm sure not ready to give her up..Yes, I'm depressed and sometimes I have to have medical help just to deal with it..Not trying to hijack your thread but I would really appreciate prayers for my wife...Thanks....VIKING

Viking : I feel for you. I lost my wife of 42 years in 2010. Grief is a hard one. If it had not been for my kids and co-workers I would not have made it. But then my heart started going downhill. No fix for it.... just try to delay the progression of the disease. It's hard some days to put on my happy face and march to the drums.

But every day is a GIFT and there is always HOPE.

JC

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Every day I am above ground I am smiling. With that said, I do understand your feelings and feel for you. Sounds like you may need to move to a more climate controlled part of our Country, or at least in the Winter. While I enjoy all the seasons, I can understand some that don't, and if it did affect me, I would change my environment fast! No sense in living miserable when you have the freedom to do something about it! Hang in there fellow member!

Can't afford to be a snow bird and really do love our place. I start getting better around December, guess acclimating to the cold just takes me a while.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I start getting better around December, guess acclimating to the cold just takes me a while.
Thats key for me, once I get acclimated, I am fine and some years I hate to see winter end. Theres nothing better than sitting in the living room with a nice fire, a cold beer and a good movie while its cold and dark outside.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I try to slip away from this dry, dull, and windy place a few times a year and spend a little time in some beautiful places. It helps for a while.

Jace

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Depression sucks. Be very thankful if you dont know it 1st hand. Make sure you get outside often, even if it is cold outside. Its often helpful to do something for someone else, no strings attached :)

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fall = deer, quail, pheasant, squirrel, rabbit season = awesome!
Spring = turkeys, spawning crappie, bass, sandies = awesome!

The rest is a waste of time where I save up money and prepare for the awesome. I might mention predator/fur barer season makes winter livable.

Prayers Viking and crew, if I can be used, I am a PM away.

Latest posts

Top Bottom