Device that blocks texting in autos that are running

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been guilty of doing this back when cell phones had buttons and I could text without looking when the touchscreens came out I stopped doing it, and I use the hands free system in my car to talk on the phone 99% of the time and honestly if you cant talk on speakerphone and drive safely you shouldn't be driving at all.
I agree with that 100% Jon.

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im on the road alot and from my lifted truck Ive looked over and down into cars and have seen people doing some stupid stuff: reading the newspaper or their mail, writing a check in their checkbook, putting on makeup, shaving, eating tacos, etc. No jamming devices for any of that shite. Except for eating the tacos, you still have your eyes on the road its just vertical.
Depends on the taco. I dont eat corn shells. they tear up my mouth. I eat soft tacos. U can roll those up like a burrito.

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
or you were typing this while driving. jk

what about hands free txtng? i.e voice recording turning into a txt....you still have to hit one or two buttons though (plus passscode, if equipped)

There's an app that translates Okie to text? heck ya, i want that! My phone just don't understand fixinto or areyagunna.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dislike texts as a communication media in general, it does have it's place though. If you text me it's gonna be a while if I'm on the road.

Most people just will not call these days because theyre so conditioned now to just texting. Including my own wife and most of my friends. My kids I expect it, thats the only way they know how to communicate. The only person I know that doesnt text me and actually calls me is my 75 yr old mother and thats because she isnt good at it yet but give her time and soon she will be too. I put cars for sale on Craigslist regularly and have a number posted for 'call or text' and the majority will text me until I get sick of it and tell them its ok to call me so we can actually talk, I dont care what time it is I would like to hear their voice. I have actually had many people text only clear up to planning to meet in person. I must be getting old and grumpy...

Latest posts

Top Bottom