Device that blocks texting in autos that are running

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think no fear is getting old and grumpy. I can say that because I am already old and grumpy. Ive only been texting now for a year, but i still hate it. At least talking on the phone i dont misspell words and have to backtrack and fix them.;)

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most people just will not call these days because theyre so conditioned now to just texting. Including my own wife and most of my friends. My kids I expect it, thats the only way they know how to communicate. The only person I know that doesnt text me and actually calls me is my 75 yr old mother and thats because she isnt good at it yet but give her time and soon she will be too. I put cars for sale on Craigslist regularly and have a number posted for 'call or text' and the majority will text me until I get sick of it and tell them its ok to call me so we can actually talk, I dont care what time it is I would like to hear their voice. I have actually had many people text only clear up to planning to meet in person. I must be getting old and grumpy...

We are about the same age, I turn 44 in March, I think old and grumpy is just setting in.

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL, I got a year and 2 months on ya! I turn 45 in January. I'M amazed that I've lived this long and no one has tried to strangle the living s**t out of me!

Last edited:

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My 17 yr old is nothing like I was at his age- he's like something from the future. I was a stupid long haired kid at 17 working on old cars. It bothers me to think that even though my kids are highly intelligent on paper theyre most likely texting while driving thinking nothing bad will happen to them no matter how much theyre told not to do it. The 'jackass' generation. They think theyre bullet proof or if they do have an accident that they will survive. The last thing I want to do is bury a child.

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My mother has buried 3 of her 5. It wasnt fun watching her suffer through that. After the second and the third, mom went into a depression for a very long time both times. I was too young to see how she handled the first loss, but I was old enough to see how she took the other two. Kid's don't think about their folks' struggles and feelings about losing a child and how it effects their lives.

Last edited:

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate texting like i tell my daughter pick it up and call you can get a conversation over with faster than texting with this old man and plus many of times i have both hands full and cant pick up the phone but can answer it with my bluetooth ear bud.

Big_McLargehuge

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I prefer texting over calling because text doesn't demand that your recipient be immediately available to take a call. The text will be waiting for you to return at your own convenience. This is great because I can't take my phone into my area at work. So when the wife wants to tell me to pick up some milk or bread, I just check my phone on my way out the door. She doesn't have to wait until I get off work then call, verbally give me the list which I'll totally forget if I don't write it down, etc. Calls have their place for long conversations, but for a quick couple of words, texting is far better.

I don't text and drive. Got the Bluetooth set up to play my music in the car. When I want to send a text or call someone, I just doubletap the main button on my galaxy and tell it to call my wife or whoever. Only time I touch the phone is to doubletap the sole button on the front.

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BigMc, i cant use that feature on my phone. half the time it tries to do something goofy or cant understand me. LOL. what can i say, i was partially raised in Texas, so I speak TexOkie. :)

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would rather talk than text, if it's short. My son and everyone his age are the opposite. I can barely talk while driving, no way could I text.

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would rather talk than text, if it's short. My son and everyone his age are the opposite. I can barely talk while driving, no way could I text.

I'm the same way CZ. for example, time yourself and say, "wait a minute." now time yourself and text the same phrase. if your phone is like mine, it has these little letters on the screen and i always hit the wrong ones, so i could spend
2 minutes trying to fix what i hosed up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom