Dining in San Antonio

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Awhile back there was a thread about restaurants on the Riverwalk in San Antonio. The wife and I are going to be heading down there in a few weeks and I am trying to remember the name of the Mexican restaurant most here were recommending. Sure would appreciate any help y'all could provide.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Find the most run-down place not anywhere near the riverwalk with metal corrugated roofing that hasn't been painted in twenty years with white pickup trucks pulling white horse trailers in the parking lot, (Texas Rangers). The best Mex food in San Antonio.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was in San Antonio about this time last year. We didn't eat anywhere on the river walk, but we had a helluva good time.

I got to catch up with an old friend that I used to work with years ago. He's now the chief of the Alamo Rangers. I'm the robust feller on the left.

IMG951097.jpg

Here's a pic of him with the musician Phil Collins. Turns out, he's quite the Alamo historian/enthusiast .

FB_IMG_1624725002917.jpg

When you go, be sure and stay hydrated and wear plenty of sunscreen. Texas ain't but 10 miles from the sun, ya know.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was in San Antonio about this time last year. We didn't eat anywhere on the river walk, but we had a helluva good time.

I got to catch up with an old friend that I used to work with years ago. He's now the chief of the Alamo Rangers. I'm the robust feller on the left.

View attachment 397750

Here's a pic of him with the musician Phil Collins. Turns out, he's quite the Alamo historian/enthusiast .

View attachment 397751

When you go, be sure and stay hydrated and wear plenty of sunscreen. Texas ain't but 10 miles from the sun, ya know.
I had to Google Alamo Rangers. It says they are a security guard for the Alamo Trust, a non profit and do not have police powers to detain or arrest people. So my obvious question is, why are they armed?

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had to Google Alamo Rangers. It says they are a security guard for the Alamo Trust, a non profit and do not have police powers to detain or arrest people. So my obvious question is, why are they armed?

The same reason a lot of other security officers are. The Alamo brings in tons of people from all over the globe. Some people like to cause problems and then again, some men just want to watch the world burn.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Riverwalk in August.. yikes it's gonna be hot as hell and there's no wind down there lol. Just speaking from experience and hope I'm wrong and you are there during a summer cold front.
We aren't going down there until September. I'm sure it'll still be plenty warm, but at least it's gonna have the chance to start cooling off a hair or two.

Latest posts

Top Bottom