Dining in San Antonio

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
We aren't going down there until September. I'm sure it'll still be plenty warm, but at least it's gonna have the chance to start cooling off a hair or two.
I was there in july through August working outside on cameras for a company. At 6 am I walked outside the motel room and my glasses fogged up. It was 99 degrees and 99 percent humidity. It warmed up to 107 during the day with the same humidity and no breeze. I hated it! Happiness was San Antonio in my rearview mirror.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was there in july through August working outside on cameras for a company. At 6 am I walked outside the motel room and my glasses fogged up. It was 99 degrees and 99 percent humidity. It warmed up to 107 during the day with the same humidity and no breeze. I hated it! Happiness was San Antonio in my rearview mirror.
Yeah, I retired in Texas and it's where I met my wife so we are both familiar with the heat and humidity. Not our favorite type of weather, but we can deal with it. And we always have fun in San Antonio so we're looking forward to going back again especially since we have friends who live not too far away and it's been a long time since we've seen them.

acope

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's the one. Thank you!
Mi Tierra gets a lot of press and often has long wait times for a table. If so, check out Pico de Gallo San Antonio's Favorite Mexican Restaurant I eat there every trip, sometimes twice. :-)
It is just two blocks west of the market and is owned by the same people. Pretty much the same menu and same flavors, without the wait.
My favorite is the Carne de Puerco en Chile Cascabel.

Latest posts

Top Bottom