Ditching Cable

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cable is probably going to be your only option for this. Sat and cellular are data limited to the extreme even if you could get the speed. This is going to have to change someday, but for now it's just a big cup of suck for those in the sticks.

Looked up reviews for Atlink again. Several people I know have it and like it but not using it to stream TV. The Google reviews as recent as 1 week ago ranged from Excellent to very bad with very bad being the majority. It looks like if you are close enough and in direct sight of a tower it can be very good but still not reliable. I can have them come to my house and test but most likely will have to wait a few more years for the limited standards to change.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What does that equate to per hour? Netflix says 3gig for HD.

I've not heard a peep from them. If they start throttling or charging for overages I'll upgrade.

1.35GB per hour.

Looked up reviews for Atlink again. Several people I know have it and like it but not using it to stream TV. The Google reviews as recent as 1 week ago ranged from Excellent to very bad with very bad being the majority. It looks like if you are close enough and in direct sight of a tower it can be very good but still not reliable. I can have them come to my house and test but most likely will have to wait a few more years for the limited standards to change.

I used to have service from a similar company, but I was ~2 miles LOS to the tower. It seemed that opinions could easily be divided into two groups among the other subscribers I knew. Those with positive opinions were usually on higher tiers and knew the limits of what they were buying and how to work within those limits. Those with negative opinions were usually on lower tiers and didn't understand how the fiber at work could be so much faster than their home internet connection.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does Channelmaster still make the best ota dvr?

I have a Magnavox HDD/DVD recorder that has been great, it will record the wife's soap to the HD while at the same time I can watch something recorded the night before. Couple years old and although I haven't had any problems I understand the DVD and hard drives can be replaced with standard off the shelf computer parts.

This is the unit on Wal-Mart.com
http://www.walmart.com/ip/46444956

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had hell trying to find NBA Thunder games on Kodi. Coupla live apps which are useless for those who want to watch later, and "archived" footage is spotty, crappy and rare.

Still using my DVR. :(

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had hell trying to find NBA Thunder games on Kodi. Coupla live apps which are useless for those who want to watch later, and "archived" footage is spotty, crappy and rare.

Still using my DVR. :(

With Kodi:
Try: sports devil
- first row sports (Eur)
- NBA
This has worked for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom