DIY 1911 Improvements?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well show me some of the pictures of your texturing. If you can mill the slide to install some sights for me, than we might be able to make a deal.

lol, I'm really just harassin' you. :)

You'll have to go to Mike (Yeller) for milling, I don't do that... yet. :) Otherwise, I can maybe help you JB Weld some sights on it! hehe.

I don't do plastic grips anyway, if that's what you had in mind. :)

Mike and Honeybee can get ya set up though.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go over to "the high road" ... they have a DIY tutorial for some simple 1911 tuning.

STEP AWAY FROM THE DREMEL.

crocus cloth is your frend..... and a fine pillar file if you can take the pebble from Dr Greyson's hand.

WideLoadTimmy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
lol, I'm really just harassin' you. :)

You'll have to go to Mike (Yeller) for milling, I don't do that... yet. :) Otherwise, I can maybe help you JB Weld some sights on it! hehe.

I don't do plastic grips anyway, if that's what you had in mind. :)

Mike and Honeybee can get ya set up though.

I meant for the 1911. The grips in your pics looked good but I couldn't tell if you did the texturing and how it looked becuase of your crappy cell phone camera, haha. Some of those were out of focus. If you can texture the front strap (I think that's what it's called), I'd be interested.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I meant for the 1911. The grips in your pics looked good but I couldn't tell if you did the texturing and how it looked becuase of your crappy cell phone camera, haha. Some of those were out of focus. If you can texture the front strap (I think that's what it's called), I'd be interested.

That crappy cell phone camera is a $1500 D200 with nice lenses. Maybe your computer monitor sucks cause nobody else complains.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Not sure if you mean texturing of grips or of the frame.
If you want super grippy grips, like I do, then some VZ or davidsons grips made from G10 are the bomb.
For frames, you have basically three choices (in descending $) checkering, metal stippling, and grip tape.
Can't beat grip tape for price and functionality.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure if you mean texturing of grips or of the frame.
If you want super grippy grips, like I do, then some VZ or davidsons grips made from G10 are the bomb.
For frames, you have basically three choices (in descending $) checkering, metal stippling, and grip tape.
Can't beat grip tape for price and functionality.
I wasn't sure about this either... at first I thought we was talking about grip texture... but now it sounds like maybe he's talking about frame texturing. I don't know.
Traxxis, did Timmy really dis your grip pics, or do you know this guy?

Not really sure how to take that Yeller to be honest...

Latest posts

Top Bottom