DIY 1911 Improvements?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Traxxis, did Timmy really dis your grip pics, or do you know this guy?

I know him, and it may be his computer or somethin I dunno what he is talking about

I really liked the ones you had on it in a picture you posted. What kind of wood were they?

those were factory grips...no idea the type of wood...

but I don't see how a picture like this could be called crappy or confused for cell phone
[Broken External Image]

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know him, and it may be his computer or somethin I dunno what he is talking about

those were factory grips...no idea the type of wood...

but I don't see how a picture like this could be called crappy or confused for cell phone

Those were my thoughts. :)

You gotta understand, I get almost as passionate about my photography as I do my guns.

Hmm... maybe it wasn't your pistol then that I saw the grips on... I don't know. I could have sworn I saw where you posted a picture of it and said that you sold it to him... but dang if I can't remember where that pic was.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those were my thoughts. :)

You gotta understand, I get almost as passionate about my photography as I do my guns.

Hmm... maybe it wasn't your pistol then that I saw the grips on... I don't know. I could have sworn I saw where you posted a picture of it and said that you sold it to him... but dang if I can't remember where that pic was.

could it be you saw a different gun? or thinking about birdshead grip on my heritage? crappy pic but here

[Broken External Image]

or better pic c/o grphx

awww.jarco_photography.com_shoots_x_gun02_001.png

WideLoadTimmy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
here for comparison - Traxxis Work (mobile upload)
[Broken External Image]

Zombie picture of 1911 on bed in Don Hume Cheap Leather
[Broken External Image]

nope not crappy cell phone pics....

that was one of the good ones. There were a few of a silver 1911 that loked like it had snake skin grps and they come up all grainy and blurred on this end. I saw them on Rob's computer, too. I wasn't tryin to be an ass but I didn't think all of them were taken with the same camera, either.

Oh, well. I pissed him off so now I get to go buy grips from Midway or some place.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
that was one of the good ones. There were a few of a silver 1911 that loked like it had snake skin grps and they come up all grainy and blurred on this end. I saw them on Rob's computer, too. I wasn't tryin to be an ass but I didn't think all of them were taken with the same camera, either.

Oh, well. I pissed him off so now I get to go buy grips from Midway or some place.

[Broken External Image]

this picture? I'm sure it was just a misunderstanding or confusion and he is a good guy.

yes I am stealing his photos of other people's beautiful guns from facebook (but it shows off his talent)

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Worked out in PM's. Everything is kosher.

BTW: Here is one I snapped with my crappy cell phone...
alh6.ggpht.com__GbFOinfOxi4_TJ_2cI_iJSI_AAAAAAAAEGs_tMv_xRxxolM_s640_2010_09_26_2016.08.02.jpg

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A bit over-exposed, but it's difficult to show off the detail of polished stainless. Oh well, I guess I'll learn.

[Broken External Image]

this picture? I'm sure it was just a misunderstanding or confusion and he is a good guy.

yes I am stealing his photos of other people's beautiful guns from facebook (but it shows off his talent)

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll vouch for the quality of Stan's work, the black on blue RIA is mine and the coating is absolutely as close to perfect as I've ever seen.

Keep up the good work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom