DIY 50-hour candles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you can also buy liquid parrafin :-) ive made lots of candles and I agree most scented air fresheners give me a major headache, You can use Essential oils, the scent wont be as strong but the likely hood of a headache is also diminished and your candles could be theraputic. If you use Fragrance oils then depending on your sensitivity you could react to them. Personally in a SHTF situation like total apoc type I wouldn't really want scented candles giving away my position...

Just FYI Essential oils are the actual oils expressed from plants either by distillation or cold press
Fragrance oils are fake lab created scents some brands do contain some essential oil in their mix but for the most part they are a chemical compound cocktail.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just stick you wick in a 1 gallon can of Crisco. Hey, to make a candle goober. Not to do the can. Sheesh

THIS I have done before. (Show and tell for one of the kids back in the day.) Worked GREAT!! Note: Don't let a 6-year-old, a 4-year-old and a 1-year-old "help" insert the wick if you can help it ... :P

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom