Do any of you carry a rifle or shotgun in your car?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have my concealed carry permit. Along with my carry pistol, M&P40, I have my AR sitting between the drivers seat and center console, magazine loaded/chamber empty, whenever I am hunting or feeding cows or driving from home to college and college to home. I DO NOT leave it in my pickup unattended anytime anywhere for fear of it getting stolen and being used in a crime.

arenathlete

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the non-CC folks:

§21-1289.7.

FIREARMS IN VEHICLES

Any person, except a convicted felon, may transport in a motor vehicle
a rifle, shotgun or pistol, open and unloaded, at any time. For
purposes of this section "open" means the firearm is transported in
plain view, in a case designed for carrying firearms, which case is
wholly or partially visible, in a gun rack mounted in the vehicle, in
an exterior locked compartment or a trunk of a vehicle.

Any person, except a convicted felon, may transport in a motor vehicle
a rifle or shotgun concealed behind a seat of the vehicle or within
the interior of the vehicle provided the rifle or shotgun is not clip,
magazine or chamber loaded. The authority to transport a clip or
magazine loaded rifle or shotgun shall be pursuant to Section 1289.13
of this title.

bilboben

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I keep my Draco (AK 47) pistol in the seat beside me with a towel over it. It has a laser sight which makes it very accurate and is extremely small overall, about 16 inches nose to tail. I bought it cheap with a couple of 30 rd clips, one mag in the weapon with chamber empty and the other sitting right beside it along with two boxes of wolf 7.6 x 39 softpoints in the glove box. It is never left in a vehicle overnight, only leave it in a locked vehicle in parking lots, I would carry all the time if I could open carry. I have my ccw so I am able to do this.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I drive a Dodge Ram quad cab and keep a magazine loaded AK under the rear seat. As I read the law, my understanding is that is OK.

remind me to stay our of the parts of town that you travel in brother. I used to work a job that had me delivering to some seedy communities and neighborhoods. I used to keep an auto on the console in those spots. Better prepared that not, for sure. btw, pm coming your way.

bilboben

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you ever tried to look down the sights of an AK 47 pistol (not a shoulder fired weapon) and aim it while firing? Using a green laser that is sighted in allows me to hold it at my side (comfortably) and re-aquire targets rapidly any time of day, any light conditions. I can assure you you will onlyh fire it one time if you try to look down the sights.

upnover

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i used to keep a handgun in my truck until a friend had his gun(loaded) and his sheriffs badge stolen from his vehicle, i have no desire to put any of my guns in a criminals hands, so i no longer keep a gun in the truck, just a spare mag for whatever i happen to be carrying on my person.

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
remind me to stay our of the parts of town that you travel in brother. I used to work a job that had me delivering to some seedy communities and neighborhoods. I used to keep an auto on the console in those spots. Better prepared that not, for sure. btw, pm coming your way.

Just look at the news every day and you will see it doesn't have as much to do with the part of town you are in any more.

Some turd freaks out and starts shooting willy nilly, I'm ready. :sunbath:

Latest posts

Top Bottom