Do what you say you will do.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone ever list these contractors who are sh*t? It's always some mystery as to who it is. I don't want to hire some nutsack that screws up or tries to rip me off only to find out he's done it to people here but he was always some kind of enigma.

Will the forum get busted for naming a contractor that does shoddy work? Should we have a Bad Contractor warning thread?

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone ever list these contractors who are sh*t? It's always some mystery as to who it is. I don't want to hire some nutsack that screws up or tries to rip me off only to find out he's done it to people here but he was always some kind of enigma.

Will the forum get busted for naming a contractor that does shoddy work? Should we have a Bad Contractor warning thread?
How about a burn pit and call it a day? Save everyone a little hassle. Have to put the Karens and contractors in the same hole.

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know why I feel better that I'm not the only person this is happened to, but it does make me feel better. Salute Exteriors were the subs that I use for the outside of the home. These are the guys that fix the other guy's problems. The owner of that company is Clifton. He did excellent work, was on time, completed the entire job in 5 days just like he said he would. He showed up on time, on the day that he said he would be there. Highly recommend this veteran owned company.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My parents have had a really hard time getting plumbers and electricians to show up just to give a quote and/or do a job when scheduled to do one.

They finally got their projects done, but how do people stay in business if they completely ignore/ghost customers?

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have read accounts of men being sentenced to HANG, then being released to get their crops in, and affairs in order, on THEIR WORD to show up for their OWN HANGING, and they did!! I guess this was societal expectations, the way they were raised, where HONOR was more important than, life its self?? We could use a little of that now, don't you think? My father, and mother, were one, if not the first, to go into the commersial chicken business in the Ozarks. They worked their rear off, seven days a week, for several years! They owned the chickens, had to buy the feed, medication, etc, now all thoes things are provided by the Corporation's, like Tyson. They had a lot of debt, and no insurance! A tornado came through one night, I just barely remember it, and distoyed everything including our house. That is when we moved to Oklahoma. They still owed all that money, some loaned on a hand shake, but they worked and payed every Penney back, even though it took several years! I suspect they didn't even know anything about, bankruptcy laws, they weere not well educated, people, but they were HONORABLE PEOPLE!!

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My parents have had a really hard time getting plumbers and electricians to show up just to give a quote and/or do a job when scheduled to do one.

They finally got their projects done, but how do people stay in business if they completely ignore/ghost customers?
$50,000 question right there! I have to follow up on EVERY SINGLE contractor recently. Even the guy who was working on my bow - I never heard anything so would call every 2 weeks to hear "let me get an update for you from the PSE rep". Over and over. Electric company to do a $2000 job. Estimator came out on time. Scheduler hasn't proactively reached out at all. Been a month so I emailed. Replied quickly - been busy, rain delays, getting caught up on communications, blah, blah, blah. But we're going to get it scheduled this week. Nah, don't bother. We'll call back in the fall if still need your services. No reply.

Don't even get me started on our hunting property in Okfuskee County. Seems that there are ZERO TRADE contractors who'll work - electric or plumbing. Have to find folks from almost an hour away that'll do the work. Even that's hit or miss.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is another side to this s story as well. Know what you want when I get there. If you decide you want that wall moved 6 inches, change order, window needs moved over... change order. You decide you do not like the color of that wall..... you guessed it , change order.
You decide you do not like the shingles you picked..... not eating the restocking fee...
Blows me away what some folks will try to get you to do for free.

The same can be said for helping friends and family.. I'm donating my time and skill to you. Don't just suddenly decide I'm going to do more that I originally agreed just because "I'm here now."

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Once you sell your integrity it can not be purchased back at any price. 🤓
A quote I believe attributed to Winston Churchill: "With integrity nothing else matters; without integrity nothing else matters." No matter what one thinks of Churchill, that is a good quote.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is another side to this s story as well. Know what you want when I get there. If you decide you want that wall moved 6 inches, change order, window needs moved over... change order. You decide you do not like the color of that wall..... you guessed it , change order.
You decide you do not like the shingles you picked..... not eating the restocking fee...
Blows me away what some folks will try to get you to do for free.
I added a small special project to the first install the guy readily agreed to. He went home and fabricated what I wanted, I offered $300 and he refused payment. I put the $300 in his cup holder in his truck. He was the first contractor that screwed the pooch on our job. Too bad, I really liked him but his work was crap.

Latest posts

Top Bottom