Do You Celebrate Halloween

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you celebrate Halloween?

• Of course, it's a lot of fun.

Votes: 70 68.0%
  • No! It's the Devil's Holiday!

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Yes, but at a church event.

Votes: 10 9.7%
  • Burn that Devil loving JB Books at the stake!

Votes: 14 13.6%

• Total voters

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
JB,

I am deeply religious and see nothing wrong with a non-destructive celebration of Halloween fun by children. I concur with the comments above about no TP-ing or egging and I don't ever try to make things frightening for little children. Beyond that there is nothing significant, to me, about Halloween beyond the fact that it is All-Hallow's Eve - so the celebration of All Saints Day begins with the evening vigil on that day.

The only things that bother me are teens who come essentially begging for candy without any costume or rude children. Fortunately those are usually the exceptions. I frequently see parents from the poorer parts of town drive their children to my neighborhood to Trick or Treat in safety and relative abundance and I enjoy sharing a little candy and a smile with the children.

So :^P to the halloween crabs.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 2 and a half year old and a 4 month old, they will both be dressing up this year, thats the only bad part, cant stay home and scare the kids when your taking yours around town.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have 6 kids that have been ruined for life because we don't partake in halloween or santa. Gotta love the fact that I can raise my children the way I see fit. Oh and come by my house when my porch light is off and you'll get one to the hip you stinkin jack wagons.

JonN06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't really celebrate it, but I don't have a problem with it. I don't have any kids yet either. If they want to go trick or treating I don't see any reason why we wouldn't take them. I went when I was a kid. I also went to the always oddly named church party's that sound similar to Halloween, but slightly different like Halloword. They all have their own name, and they are all equally awkward.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to live in a mixed neighborhood of young families and retirees; I was the odd one out with no family and a long ways from retirement ;) I would order a big box of individually wrapped popcorn balls from The Popcorn Factory, and hand those out each Halloween. It was fun to see the faces of the kids light up when they realized they were getting a treat different than the usual bits of candy from Walmart. Well, when they weren't wearing masks, anyway! I still remember one Halloween after I'd been doing that a few years, when several kids came to my door. As I handed out popcorn balls, one kid said to the others, "See - I knew this was the house with the popcorn balls!" That made my evening :)

I'm sure a few kids were bummed when I moved away.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What cracks me up is the prods that have "Fall Festivals" or "Harvest Festivals" instead... Uh, hello southern prods... you realize by doing that you are sharing more in common with the celtic pagan samhaim than you are with Christianity? LULZ.

Stupid Prods.

JB... the move against Halloween has always been an anti-Catholic one. Prods dont venerate saints, so they dont celebrate all saints day... Halloween (all hallowed's eve) is very Catholic...

As far as any biters... read my sig before you even try to argue with me. :P ;P

Latest posts

Top Bottom