Do You Celebrate Halloween

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you celebrate Halloween?

• Of course, it's a lot of fun.

Votes: 70 68.0%
  • No! It's the Devil's Holiday!

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Yes, but at a church event.

Votes: 10 9.7%
  • Burn that Devil loving JB Books at the stake!

Votes: 14 13.6%

• Total voters

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What cracks me up is the prods that have "Fall Festivals" or "Harvest Festivals" instead... Uh, hello southern prods... you realize by doing that you are sharing more in common with the celtic pagan samhaim than you are with Christianity? LULZ.

Stupid Prods.

JB... the move against Halloween has always been an anti-Catholic one. Prods dont venerate saints, so they dont celebrate all saints day... Halloween (all hallowed's eve) is very Catholic...

As far as any biters... read my sig before you even try to argue with me. :P ;P

And now it is time for a why do y'all hate the Not Catholics thread. LMAO.

Don't care one way or the other about holidays in general. Had to work on too many of them.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What cracks me up is the prods that have "Fall Festivals" or "Harvest Festivals" instead... Uh, hello southern prods... you realize by doing that you are sharing more in common with the celtic pagan samhaim than you are with Christianity? LULZ.

I brought that up when my church started doing "Fall Festivals"... but what did I know... I was only 17 at the time and "the other churches are doing it"...

Red Dirt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't judge people who celebrate halloween, heck I used to long time ago. But there is WAY too much satanism and devil stuff wrapped up in it for me to take part. And no, my parents did not tell me that santa existed. They said that they didn't want to tell me not to lie as a child, then have me find out that they had been "lying" to me for several years. Also didn't want me to have to throw out what they had taught me about santa, but still hang on to what they taught me about God. That would be confusing for a little kid. So they just told me what they believed to be the truth and didn't teach me any fantasies. Sure, it might not have been all that much fun for them, but at least I always trusted them. And my brother and I actually had more fun, cuz we could tell eachother that we were smarter than other kids at school because we knew the real truth about santa. :woohoo1: And my parents still stuffed our stockings and everything so we really didn't miss all that much of Christmas compared to other kids. If I ever have kids I think that I will follow my folks example. Yeah everyone thinks youre weird, and you do take a lot of flak, but in the long run I'd rather have my kids always trust what I tell them. ( Again, I'm not judging people who do. Most of my relatives do Santa and Halloween and everything and their kids seem fine :) )

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't judge people who celebrate halloween, heck I used to long time ago. But there is WAY too much satanism and devil stuff wrapped up in it for me to take part. And no, my parents did not tell me that santa existed. They said that they didn't want to tell me not to lie as a child, then have me find out that they had been "lying" to me for several years. Also didn't want me to have to throw out what they had taught me about santa, but still hang on to what they taught me about God. That would be confusing for a little kid. So they just told me what they believed to be the truth and didn't teach me any fantasies. Sure, it might not have been all that much fun for them, but at least I always trusted them. And my brother and I actually had more fun, cuz we could tell eachother that we were smarter than other kids at school because we knew the real truth about santa. :woohoo1: And my parents still stuffed our stockings and everything so we really didn't miss all that much of Christmas compared to other kids. If I ever have kids I think that I will follow my folks example. Yeah everyone thinks youre weird, and you do take a lot of flak, but in the long run I'd rather have my kids always trust what I tell them. ( Again, I'm not judging people who do. Most of my relatives do Santa and Halloween and everything and their kids seem fine :) )

There's no more devil worship on Oct 31st than any other day of the year... All those rumors about satanic rituals... poisoned candy... and razor blades in apples were greatly exaggerated to get sheep away from celebrating it.

No disrespect to ALL proddies... but there are a great many of proddies that I wish would drink more flavorade.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I'll tell you as an adult I believe in Santa - not necessarily in the "traditional" sense of him breaking and entering and leaving gifts behind...but more as the spirit and my experience and beliefs. Tell me Santa doesn't exist and I don't care who you are, I'm gonna call you a moron and a liar. Then again an experience of an old fat white guy showing up in a red car delivering gifts unexpectedly to us when I was younger

We celebrate halloween, I dress up and scare the kids and hand out candy....but sadly seem to have lost my fog machine and stuff in the move.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only things that bother me are teens who come essentially begging for candy without any costume or rude children. Fortunately those are usually the exceptions.

I have in past years saved up all of my extra condiment packages from the drive-thru's and with some stealth put these in the bags of "past trick-or-treating" age teens.

I imagine their surprise when they get home and learn their booty is comprised of LJS tartar sauce packets and ketchup in various forms, manufacturers and stage of deterioration.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
hahaha....Yep, Ninja Turtles, pricnesses, fairies, super heros, football players, cheerleaders, bumble bees, clowns, hobos, etc....I'm missing the satanic connection of dressing up and going door to door collecting candy. Life is hard enough for kids, don't make their lives even more miserable because of your misguided perceptions of a holiday.

I'll be cooking up a huge pot of chili and some hot chocolate for our friends and their kids, it's become a tradition, quite satanic, huh?

Latest posts

Top Bottom