Do you enter controlled/draw hunts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
5 trips to McAlester in 20 years, 1 trip to James Collins, and the antelope hunt. Still waiting on the elk, and took a kid on a youth turkey hunt at Pushmataha.

Survivor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do every year and got picked for a cow elk hunt in the Wichita Mountains Wildlife refuge and got a nice one on the 2nd day. Always look forward to checking to see if I got selected for any of the hunts.

BCorbett

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I put in every year. I drew a bull elk tag in 2004 and got a nice 5x5. My wife drew an antelope tag in 2006 and got one with 13 1/2" horns. Took me 18 years to get my elk tag. Just have patience and keep trying.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your best odds are going to be with the antler less hunts and hunts that are actually on opening weekend of rifle and muzzle loader. Otherwise, it depends what you are after. If you are in it for trophies then be ready to wait a while, if you are in it for the hunt, then I would bet that you could get drawn on a semi regular basis.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your best odds are going to be with the antler less hunts and hunts that are actually on opening weekend of rifle and muzzle loader. Otherwise, it depends what you are after. If you are in it for trophies then be ready to wait a while, if you are in it for the hunt, then I would bet that you could get drawn on a semi regular basis.

What he said. Draws for does go pretty regular to somebody that puts in. If your a "meat hunter" definatly go for it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom