Do you ever worry about the future of this country?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just yesterday I was talking to friend I have known for years and told him, he never thought this, that I am glad to be as old as I am. Even the young conservatives I know are so busy trying to make a living and with all the kids activities they have to deal with, they have not the time to dwell on the current issues of the day. Our kids and grandkids are going to pay for this.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And if the Baby Boomers didn't/don't ruin America...no other generation can.

Yep- the changes that took place in the 60s are coming full circle now.
My dad is 30 years older than me, I'm 30 years older than my youngest son. The gulf between the culture of me and Dad was huge. The gulf between me and my boy not so much.
I sincerely believe the country's headed for a "reset" - we cannot continue on the road (economically, militarily, culturally) we are on forever.
I just hope my boys are tough enough and grounded enough to weather the storm.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
My boy is 16, he was taught to respect elders as I was. He says yes/no sir/ma'am. He had his first full time job (jobs) this last summer and worked 70 hours a week without complaining. Now hes back in school and works all weekend at the same job. I sleep much better today knowing he has taken to his teachings so well. I credit myself and my wife 100%. Its wasnt an accident he turned out well. Am I bragging? Hell yes, it took a lot of constant work.

On a flip side, I have a niece who lives in a 3500' house with a pool. Shes now 22 and has never had a job, doesnt go to school, sleeps till noon everyday, etc...my sister failed her and I feel sorry for her. After all, its not her fault.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, it seems my worries are not just my own. Simply put, we need to get back on track with God. For those of you who don't believe, just ignore this. For those who believe, or have serious suspicions, it's pretty easy to say that the further we move away from the Truth, the worse off we seem to be. Whatever your belief, it's hard to deny the life quality that follows Christian aspects.

Beyond that we need a leader with some of the same conviction. Our current President says he is a Christian, but I hope no one bets their life savings on it.

Finally, we have to call a halt to the invasion of our freedoms, including the dismantling of our Christian heritage. There are special interest groups all around this country who get their way just by being loud. Our loudness is in the safety of the internet. Until we rise up, the change will continue to be negative.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, the Boomers were pretty terrible, but their parents don't deserve a pass either.

They engineered the reversal of the hierarchy of Local/State/National governments, and turned this country from a decentralized Constitutional Republic into a top-down Administrative State. They brought about the rise of the welfare state, the warfare state, fiat currency, and inflationary monetary policy. They failed to learn the dangers of interventionism from the previous generation, and despite their best intentions, took us into another costly foreign conflict which this time saw us allied with the most evil government in the history of man, and resulted in delivering about half of the globe over to Communist dictatorships, which unleashed the worst wave of human suffering and misery the world has ever seen. Oh, and don't forget national gun control -- that comes to us compliments of the "greatest generation" too.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My boy is 16, he was taught to respect elders as I was. He says yes/no sir/ma'am. He had his first full time job (jobs) this last summer and worked 70 hours a week without complaining. Now hes back in school and works all weekend at the same job. I sleep much better today knowing he has taken to his teachings so well. I credit myself and my wife 100%. Its wasnt an accident he turned out well. Am I bragging? Hell yes, it took a lot of constant work.

On a flip side, I have a niece who lives in a 3500' house with a pool. Shes now 22 and has never had a job, doesnt go to school, sleeps till noon everyday, etc...my sister failed her and I feel sorry for her. After all, its not her fault.
Pics of niece in pool?

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yeah, the Boomers were pretty terrible, but their parents don't deserve a pass either.

They engineered the reversal of the hierarchy of Local/State/National governments, and turned this country from a decentralized Constitutional Republic into a top-down Administrative State. They brought about the rise of the welfare state, the warfare state, fiat currency, and inflationary monetary policy. They failed to learn the dangers of interventionism from the previous generation, and despite their best intentions, took us into another costly foreign conflict which this time saw us allied with the most evil government in the history of man, and resulted in delivering about half of the globe over to Communist dictatorships, which unleashed the worst wave of human suffering and misery the world has ever seen. Oh, and don't forget national gun control -- that comes to us compliments of the "greatest generation" too.

I agree. I don't blame them or have any animosity toward them tho. They did what they thought was right for their time. We're doing the same thing. And the next generation will too. That's why it's called evolution although I'm leaning toward devolution as a better definition.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Pics of niece in pool?

i.dailymail.co.uk_i_pix_2011_09_07_article_2034839_0DC1C22600000578_893_634x397.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom