Do You Guys Ever "Get Stuck" in an Era??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always thought hard rock from the mid to late 70s, thru to the early 80s was "my thing". I always put the tv on some kinda rock when I'm cleaning house or something. Well today it landed on "60s Rock" and I am in heaven!! 😍😍😍😍😍 How did I spend my entire life not listening to these guys every day??

What's y'all's favorite era??

I need to expand my horizons. 🤷 (As old as I am it will be more like "revisiting" ... Lol)

Right now it's "Sweet Caroline" by (like I have to say it outloud) Neil Diamond. My name ain't Caroline but I "might" have enjoyed a gentleman or twos attention while this played in the background.
I like a LOT of different kinds of music. Particularly fond of 50's bubblegum rock, C&W from the same era, and softer rock from the 50's through the early 90's. Also some Death Metal, Techno, and even a few bits of Rap. Hugh Laurie said there are only two kinds of music. Good music, and bad music, and everything else is just cataloging. There is crap in every genre and era, and likewise good stuff.

One of my favorite albums is Neil Diamond's Hot August Night. ;)

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who is Amy Lee ? Looks like a pop star.
Stuck in an era ? Nope , that's like a stick in the mud. Old music is just that. Like stale bread. 🤣🤣 ya'll need to get hip and step forward in time. 😁

Hadn't ever heard anything by Five Finger Death Punch, but liked that piece. Seems to me there was something by Evanescence that I liked when I heard it, but that one wasn't it. Though it was in the 2000's before I learned the names of some of the singers and players in bands I liked from the 70's and 80's. And quite a few groups there is only one song in their entire repertoire that I like.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here are a couple of random ones that popped up on my workout playlist that really get me amped too. The shaman drums jogged my memory about some of the tribal inspired rock I listen to that gets the heart pumping and makes you want to throw heavy stuff around the room haha.

The Hu are really interesting. They all met at a music university studying traditional Mongolian music and instruments.

Alien Weaponry has been a big deal in NZ for bringing the Maori language to mainstream with hard rock/metal music.

Like the Hu. And I do have Mongol ancestry. ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom