Do you load in the house or out in the garage/shed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At one time I did some things indoors like hand priming. One day when a large rifle primer went off while I was in my leather chair momma said no more. It was a great excuse to build a dedicated reloading room with A/C.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a fully insulated 30X40 metal building that I reload in. The bench is set up in the corner. The opposite corner has a wood burning stove with propane back up for those cold winter days, recliner, beer fridge, and reading lamp. Keeping the temps in the 70 degree range is pretty easy.
it never really gets too hot in there during the summer. I'll leave the ventilator fan on during the night to bring in the cool air, and shut it off when going to work in the morning. It will be 100 during the day, but low 80's in the shop as long as the doors stay shut.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
The utility room in our house has the dense foam "puzzle piece" floor. That's where my reloading bench is. You can vacuum or sweep on it. I'd be at least as worried about oil / grease / grime as I would a little powder. The powder can be vacuumed up; far as I know.

If you have an area to run it on, you could either put down an area rug (no stain worries, and you can take it outside and dump it if needed), or put plywood under/in front of your bench.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At the old place I had a man cave built outside.
New place I took over one bay of the garage.
Both heat and AC, old one wood floor and new one concrete.

Latest posts

Top Bottom