Do you load in the house or out in the garage/shed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jduff8505

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Powder igniting by your vacuum cleaner would be similar to the sparks from a bic lighter flint. Open loose powder is not under pressure, that is where the power from a bullet comes from. I load inside, vacuum any mess up and go on. I will cast outside or in the garage with the doors up and positive ventilation to blow the air out.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I suggest one of those plastic stactic floor covers that lots of folks used to put under their office chairs if your setup permits it. Easy to clean up spills.

Another very useful mod is to set your press in a baking sheet (big pan with small lip) and bolt it down through that. Catches a world of spills, and is especially advisable with progressive loaders. Used one with my shotgun progressives for years, and caught lots of stuff.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
really doesn't matter inside or out. what does matter is reloading gear needs it's own home.
somewhere reloading stuff doesn't have to be constantly put up, then have to be brought out.

less chance of mistakes when all the equipment is already setup.

zipty6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I load in the garage. Summertime can be tedious. I have to make sure that I don't sweat on anything important... In the winter it's not so bad. I have an electric radiator which keeps the temperature between 65 and 70 degrees. I have occasionally used the Lee hand press to decap brass in the living room.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the equipment, but not set up yet...building a new house, will probably start off in the garage until I can get a workshop in the back...I plan on insulating and putting in a window unit for the summer heat....that will be my man cave.

I also have the same bench from Sam's with the butcher block top and the tool box cart that goes underneath...love it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom