Do you load more than 100 rounds a month? HELP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not a reloader (other than an occasional run of 45s) but I do own a gun store.
l have a friend who wants me to order him some BLC2 powder and my wife wants to order 8 to 10 pounds of powders to defray the hazmat fee.

We do plan to carry reloading supplies but we are still growing and groaning as we spend every penny we make to buy more supplies.

I want to know what will sell the fastest so it does not just sit on the shelf and collect dust.

If you are a regular reloader and load quite a bit then please let me know what powder you prefer and while you are at it please list what caliber you are loading.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMO, your fastest "movers" are going to be what's used in competitions.

Pistol:
Solo 1000
WST
Titegroup
Clays
HS6

Rifle:
AA2230
H335
BLC2
Ramshot TAC
Varget

(for the Garand and M1A loaders)
IMR 4895
IMR 4064

And don't forget the "old standbys": HP38/231, Bullseye, Unique, H110/296 etc., and throw in some Trail Boss for the cowboy action shooters.
You might look into real black powder as it's hard to find locally these days. Might have a market there...

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not up in your area but for pistol I'm almost entirely Unique now.
I usually buy the antifreeze size jug. :wink2:
And I load a lot more than a hundred rounds a month.
Currently loading for 32 s&w, 32 h&R mag, 327 fed mag, 38 s&w, 38 spl, 357 mag, 357 max, 44 spl, 44 mag.

Mt rifle powders are a little more diverse as each seems to like something different.
But I'll look and see what I'm using maybe this evening.

Twmaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I load a few hundred rounds a month. For pistol I use Red-Dot and Unique. (9MMx19)

For rifle I use Varget and IMR4895. I load 6.5-257 Roberts and 8x57 Mauser.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Shadowrider is pretty close to my list, just a few extras on his.

I'd say

BLC2
Varget
H4895

Unique
Titegroup
Bullseye
HS6

Probably among the biggest sellers there.

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Almost all volume pistol reloading is going to be 9mm, .40SW, and .45 ACP. A lot of rifle reloading is going to be .223/5.56. I would concentrate on supplies for those. Shadowrider's post is great.
I reload a lot of 9mm, and use Titegroup. I'm capable of reloading .223, but have over a thousand rounds to shoot before I need to do that, and don't have any powder selected for it yet. I do shoot competitively, and we use a ton of bullets. I think at USPSA last Saturday the total round count expended by all competitors combined totaled over 15K rounds, and that took about about five hours.

You're in USSA territory, and I imagine the turnout there is similar, and hopefully that would be some of your customer base.

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Shadowriders list is a very good start. I load a thousand or so .223/5.56 a month and use AA2230 almost exclusively. For 9mm I use either WST or HP-38. The problem I have is keeping enough bullets around.

Latest posts

Top Bottom