Do You Wear an Empty Holster Into No Carry Zones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do Y Wear An Empty Holster Into Prohibited Buildings

• Never, I take it off and it stays with my firearm

Votes: 24 26.7%
  • Usually, do not take my holster off, just wear it empty

Votes: 44 48.9%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 22 24.4%

• Total voters

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just wondering how many people, either CC, OC, or somewhat in between (OWB with T-shirt mostly covering, as I am most of the time) remove their firearm and holster vs removing just their firearm from their holster and wear their empty holster into a prohibited establishment such as a Post Office, Federal Building, or similar true no carry premises?

Yes, I do realize it advertises I might have a firearm in my vehicle, but my 47 second trip into the Post Office box area is not something I am concerned about. I am just wondering what other people are currently doing, or have done.

Thanks.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I messed that up big time and do not know how to fix it.

The first choice should read "Never, I take it off and it stays with my firearm" Sorry about that.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Generally I disarm and leave the holster in my vehicle. Getting sick of it though, thinking about getting something better setup in my vehicle and just leave my holster on.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My gun never leaves my side.

I originated the pole. I guess I might need to start another thread. I have to go inside the post office and have to visit the County building on a regular basis. Post office does not have sensors, at least that I know of, but I disarm for my quick in and out. County has a manned metal detector, so any violation of any kind would not be even an option. I forgot my flat, less than 3" flat SS pocket knife one time, pulled it out with my keys. I was able to pick it up on the way out.

My main thought was whether the holster showing in a "real" no firearm zone might be a problem for these situations, OWB belt and sometimes IWB supertuck is a hassle to remove. I wondered if any others here might have had experiences. I guess I should have thought about that for wording of my pole. Thanks for the responses and opinions.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
None of the above...if I'm carrying a pistol in a holster, it doesn't come out until I get home. That being said, my usual day doesn't involve the post office or a courthouse etc...

In situations like that, I guess I would choose to not draw attention to myself, and either take the holster off or cover it up.

Last edited:

cowboydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I try not to remove my firearm from its holster unless I need to. On the rare occasions that I go to a prohibited (by statute) location I remove the holster from my belt with the firearm in it and secure it.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I originated the pole. I guess I might need to start another thread. I have to go inside the post office and have to visit the County building on a regular basis. Post office does not have sensors, at least that I know of, but I disarm for my quick in and out. County has a manned metal detector, so any violation of any kind would not be even an option. I forgot my flat, less than 3" flat SS pocket knife one time, pulled it out with my keys. I was able to pick it up on the way out.

My main thought was whether the holster showing in a "real" no firearm zone might be a problem for these situations, OWB belt and sometimes IWB supertuck is a hassle to remove. I wondered if any others here might have had experiences. I guess I should have thought about that for wording of my pole. Thanks for the responses and opinions.

None of the above...if I'm carrying a pistol in a holster, it doesn't come out until I get home. That being said, my usual day doesn't involve the post office or a courthouse etc...

In situations like that, I guess I would choose to not draw attention to myself, and either take the holster off or cover it up.

I've never had a problem with an empty holster in a statutory gun-free zone, and that includes schools, city, county, state, and federal government buildings, and Thunder games on a fairly regular basis.

Latest posts

Top Bottom