Do You Wear an Empty Holster Into No Carry Zones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do Y Wear An Empty Holster Into Prohibited Buildings

• Never, I take it off and it stays with my firearm

Votes: 24 26.7%
  • Usually, do not take my holster off, just wear it empty

Votes: 44 48.9%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 22 24.4%

• Total voters

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems like the post office wants to operate like a Government Agency when it is convenient, and operate like a separate private business when they would like to do otherwise. I hope Rand Paul will pull them off the eligible for Government contract list.

I can not find exactly what I was looking for, but this relates to it as far as the PO parking lot in our Federal jurisdiction area, 10th circuit out of Denver.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/3041657/posts

Ruling only applies within the district provided it does not conflict with a higher ruling. It does not apply to the entire circuit.

Currently, it conflicts with McDonald as a "longstanding prohibition". If I remember right, there's another ruling elsewhere that upholds the prohibition on Post Office property.

jhat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just wondering how many people, either CC, OC, or somewhat in between (OWB with T-shirt mostly covering, as I am most of the time) remove their firearm and holster vs removing just their firearm from their holster and wear their empty holster into a prohibited establishment such as a Post Office, Federal Building, or similar true no carry premises?

Yes, I do realize it advertises I might have a firearm in my vehicle, but my 47 second trip into the Post Office box area is not something I am concerned about. I am just wondering what other people are currently doing, or have done.

Thanks.
Ur messing with the Feds at a post office. Don't do it. My job takes me into the courthouse on a regular basis and on the days that I have to go, I use a Galco with a thumb snap. If I am not going to have to remove my weapon I wear a High Noon, Mitch Rosen, or an Adams Leatherworks. Dont wear an expensive holster empty. U will collapse it and it will lose it's shape.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My holster stays on my belt. I only take it off my belt when washing my jeans. My nightly routine is when I get up and get dressed the gun goes in the holster until I reach a point in my commute that I can put my gun up in its hiding spot and after my shift is over it goes back in the holster. If I have to go in a post office or courthouse I do the same thing.

cody6766

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I pop the gun out of the holster and leave it behind. It's too much of a PITA to put my IWB holster back in when I'm just running in somewhere briefly. Obviously, I wn't have it in a parking lot that has a legal restriction

OKMinuteman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unless I'm at the Capitol, Federal Building, Fair Grounds, bars or Cop Shop I'm carrying. Any business with a "No Guns" sign and I will conceal. Never considered going with empty holster but next time I'm at the Capitol I'll give it a try and I'm sure it would be real popular at the next State Fair.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wear it almost every day at OSU. Had a friend tattled on because they saw his empty holster on the bus. OSUPD followed him into his place at work on campus. They advised him not to wear his empty holster, but recognized it is perfectly legal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom