Does anyone carry with FMJ bullets?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What type of ammo do you use in you CCW?

• FMJ

Votes: 47 11.6%
  • JHP

Votes: 358 88.4%

• Total voters

T.R.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It looks like we may all be carrying hardball if Federal has its way. Here is an excerpt from an email I received from Tactical Defense Solutions today.

"Were heading to S.H.O.T this year (we have no choice) to try to find new distributors who can supply what we need. I have a meeting with Federal reps over the new policy that threatens to cut everyone out of the ammo - Federal refuses to ship HST, HydraShok, Gold Dot 50 round boxes, even Speer Lawman hardball to distributors and dealers.
In order to buy this ammo a department P.O. has to go directly to Federal and they will ship to the department.

The top volume distributor in the US has multiple millions in this ammo stuck on the shelf afraid to ship for fear of loosing their Federal distributor status.

If this stands, there will be none of this ammo available to individual officers and definitely not law abiding citizens."

It looks like Federal is already positioning for the new administration.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It looks like we may all be carrying hardball if Federal has its way. Here is an excerpt from an email I received from Tactical Defense Solutions today.

"Were heading to S.H.O.T this year (we have no choice) to try to find new distributors who can supply what we need. I have a meeting with Federal reps over the new policy that threatens to cut everyone out of the ammo - Federal refuses to ship HST, HydraShok, Gold Dot 50 round boxes, even Speer Lawman hardball to distributors and dealers.
In order to buy this ammo a department P.O. has to go directly to Federal and they will ship to the department.

The top volume distributor in the US has multiple millions in this ammo stuck on the shelf afraid to ship for fear of loosing their Federal distributor status.

If this stands, there will be none of this ammo available to individual officers and definitely not law abiding citizens."

It looks like Federal is already positioning for the new administration.

Do you have a link to this?

Edit: Nevermind. I found it. Has anyone heard anything like this from other sources?

Jon1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well that's just one ammo company so far.

Suffice it to say, I will not by ANY Federal ammo now that I've read that, and I suggest all self-respecting firearms owners do the same, to send them the message that if they won't stand up for our rights, we won't fund them. Let's see if government contracts alone are enough to keep them afloat...

cw821

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't imagine many scenarios where I'd have to shoot through a car door to defend myself??

I've thought of this many times.

How many times have you been between 2 cars at a stoplight in "that" part of town, or at that light when you see a couple of not so great looking guys walking too close to the cars? How about on that corner where you wouldn't want to hang out on Saturday night?

Just 3 weeks ago on a Saturday night in OKC, our car broke down at NW 10th next to the fairgrounds. I only had my .38 on me. Being that it was only 25 degrees, we were just huddled up in the car waiting on a tow truck that took over 30 min. In that situation I would certainly have been defending myself either through my door or windshield. Either way, I was wishing I had some FMJ's.

Latest posts

Top Bottom