Dogecoin/crypto noob selling question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bullsheet! Wife and I have never borrowed one red cent in our lives! Have built and remodeled over 20 homes, ran a Dozer Business for 22 years, Rental properties, Farmed and retired from Fire Service. I am filthy rich. I don’t know what you mean by successful! Debt is bad, even the Bible tells you so! Go argue with a pole about that.

You have been duped if you believe that borrowing money is a good thing.
The key is to never “have to pay off debt”. Simply don’t acquire any.

Debt can be used as tool, just like anything. Personally, not worried about the big book of fiction here, but others may need it. Good for you and your successes, but there's more than one way to achieve success. Some methods work better than others for different people. If people lack self control and logical thought, debt is NOT the way to go.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bullsheet! Wife and I have never borrowed one red cent in our lives! Have built and remodeled over 20 homes, ran a Dozer Business for 22 years, Rental properties, Farmed and retired from Fire Service. I am filthy rich. I don’t know what you mean by successful! Debt is bad, even the Bible tells you so! Go argue with a pole about that.

You have been duped if you believe that borrowing money is a good thing.
The key is to never “have to pay off debt”. Simply don’t acquire any.
Based on your comment, you seem to have grown up in quite a different time period where the rules of the game were perhaps slightly different. Maybe you could write a book or something called "just don't have debt" and be even more filthy rich. I'd love to know how I should have bought my first house without a mortgage. Bought my first first car without a loan. Paid for college without loans.

Also, considering you want to tell others what the bible says, you might want to see what it says about bragging/boastfulness when it comes to you're framing of being "filthy rich": https://www.openbible.info/topics/bragging

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I travel for work Walmart is the furthest thing from my mind; I'd rather hit the expensive restaurants and run up huge bar tabs...:drunk2:
I've never been much of a drinker but definitely have run up some restaurant bills. The problem came for me where I'd be packing on pounds as I went on trips, and that didn't really do it for me. Some places I go sure, I'll head out to the food scene, but most of the time I get a room with a kitchen and have got my accountants used to me expensing groceries in place of meals. Then I can eat healthier and run my side hustle at the same time. It allows me to dump a bunch of money in my daughters savings/529 each year. That way at least if I'm away from her I can at least use the time to benefit her and not get so fat.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Debt can be used as tool, just like anything. Personally, not worried about the big book of fiction here, but others may need it. Good for you and your successes, but there's more than one way to achieve success. Some methods work better than others for different people. If people lack self control and logical thought, debt is NOT the way to go.

pssssttt, the Bible doesn't say not to borrow money. It actually has some pretty good teachings on both lending and borrowing, but it does not command us to not do either. Some folks have been "duped" into believing it does, but it doesn't.

What does the Bible say about going into debt? | GotQuestions.org

It's okay. Some folks just take what they want from The Book, and like to use the rest of the book to beat others about the head and shoulders. It's cool.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
pssssttt, the Bible doesn't say not to borrow money. It actually has some pretty good teachings on both lending and borrowing, but it does not command us to not do either. Some folks have been "duped" into believing it does, but it doesn't.

What does the Bible say about going into debt? | GotQuestions.org

It's okay. Some folks just take what they want from The Book, and like to use the rest of the book to beat others about the head and shoulders. It's cool.

Pssst... think you quoted the wrong person. That's not my argument.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A stock's price has nothing to do with how "expensive" it is. People think "penny" stocks or some of the crypto currencies are cheap, when they are in fact not. You're buying more risk at certain prices due to the fundamentals, or in this case, lack thereof.

Yeah, I guess I just like the idea of being able to buy a lot of something in case it hits, rather than just one or two coins or shares that cost as much as I have or want to invest. I figure crypto and stocks are less like a slot machine because even when the price drops, you still own the same amount of shares as an asset and the hope is it isn't going to go to zero and stay there.

I haven't tried penny stocks but I have read about some of those guys who've done well with them. Thx for the reply; on this issue I am certain you know more than me :)

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I started with $8000 that I saved from working the farm, drilling water wells and working Rodeo Chutes for Calf Roping/Bull Riding. Also worked 3 jobs my 11th and 12th grade school years. Bought my first home for $5000, it was a shack for 2 years. It is called living within your means. Debt is wrong in any way you all want to try to paint it. I am filthy rich as a old man. Never a penny borrowed. Paid cash for my first BullDozer. It can be done on your own work. Don’t borrow. That is all I have to say.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I started with $8000 that I saved from working the farm, drilling water wells and working Rodeo Chutes for Calf Roping/Bull Riding. Also worked 3 jobs my 11th and 12th grade school years. Bought my first home for $5000, it was a shack for 2 years. Never rented. It is called living within your means. Debt is wrong in any way you all want to try to paint it. I am filthy rich as a old man. Never a penny borrowed. Paid cash for my first BullDozer. It can be done on your own work. Don’t borrow. That is all I have to say.

People might misunderstand the advice you give...but no one misunderstands how you act and how you live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom