Straw purchase question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Virtuaguyver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the way academy policy, the gun counter person has to carry the gun you just paid for and walk with you out of the store with it .
I asked what was up with that policy and he said potentially someone could grab some ammo, load it ,and start shooting ..
I said well what about the loaded gun I’m carrying in my pocket ?
But someone won't know you have that gun in your pocket?

Virtuaguyver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If purchasing a firearm with a credit card, name on card must match the 4473. Turned away a few buyers when I worked at sportsman warehouse for this reason. Her returning to buy the same firearm in her name would also be a no sale, your name and address is already attached to that guns serial number. Could have been legal but store did not want the possible state/federal hassle.
I've bought guns from Academy and other gun stores for my uncle. For his birthday, I take him to go pick a gun and I use credit cards to pay it, never had an issue.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
An FFL cannot sell a firearm to an individual with a medical marijuana card. Possession of the card assumes use of marijuana and precludes eligibility to purchase a firearm. Doesn’t matter that the state approves medical marijuana or not. Federal law controls FFL/4473 rules and marijuana possession is still against federal law. I once had a buyer give me his Oklahoma medical marijuana card as prof of residency. No sale.
I am not a pot user but you bring up a good point. I bet there are tons of people buying guns in OK and answering no to the drug question thinking they are not using illegal drugs and not taking into account the federal law.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not a pot user but you bring up a good point. I bet there are tons of people buying guns in OK and answering no to the drug question thinking they are not using illegal drugs and not taking into account the federal law.

Then they aren't reading the 4473 form and in particular that specific question, because it addresses it, specifically.

In my opinion it's stupid, but it is what it is for now.

It should be a state's rights issue, as should most laws, but specifically firearms laws.

How SBR's & SBS's got made illegal is really something everyone should read. Dumbest **** ever. Add suppressors and you've got a trifecta of ignorance.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I would doubt that, unless they can't/didn't read the form.

1684856113863.png

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any particular reason why you use them? A quick glance looks like prices seem a little higher than other online shops.
Big selection, quick shipping and my FFL had always recommended them. I don't buy often enough on the "new" market; so I don't quibble too much when I want that instant gratification lol.

Dadof#4

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the way academy policy, the gun counter person has to carry the gun you just paid for and walk with you out of the store with it .
I asked what was up with that policy and he said potentially someone could grab some ammo, load it ,and start shooting ..
I said well what about the loaded gun I’m carrying in my pocket ?
stupid is stupid does

Latest posts

Top Bottom