Straw purchase question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, 'ya can always confuse them all by checking those boxes like
1684780463934.png

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If purchasing a firearm with a credit card, name on card must match the 4473. Turned away a few buyers when I worked at sportsman warehouse for this reason. Her returning to buy the same firearm in her name would also be a no sale, your name and address is already attached to that guns serial number. Could have been legal but store did not want the possible state/federal hassle.
Have never heard that before. How long does a name and address attach?

cmc tom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have never heard that before. How long does a name and address attach?
Honestly don't know. The 4473 is already submitted to the state. I have no idea what the state does if firearm not purchased. Sportsman warehouse would keep them with approved 4473's. It's all electronic now, no paper 4473 used at many retailers. Best idea is to use whatever credit card you want, buy a gift card, problem solved.

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wasn't open carrying, I just switched to it so the Academy guy could see how the gun was being carried. I agree that concealment is strategically better. I open carry when I am fishing though.
Sorry, I realized that but was just speaking to the wisdom of open carry in general. My CC instructor told us about a student that couldn't wait to open carry his high-end pistol and proceeded to have it taken away from him at gunpoint the first time he carried it. I've also noted that the rare occasions on which I've encountered open carry individuals they seem to wanna make a "statement" but I don't think the one their making is the intended one.

Papa Mike

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I like the way academy policy, the gun counter person has to carry the gun you just paid for and walk with you out of the store with it .
I asked what was up with that policy and he said potentially someone could grab some ammo, load it ,and start shooting ..
I said well what about the loaded gun I’m carrying in my pocket ?

ramco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess each store is at liberty to apply their own policy on these sales - some Walmarts handle different from others and some stores won't sell to people with a medi-pot license, etc, etc

for my part Im willing to work around any issue [and you/I can] as there are too many idiots buying guns legally and if I have to step around 2 holes to let one of those idiots fall in one of the traps I am happy to do so
An FFL cannot sell a firearm to an individual with a medical marijuana card. Possession of the card assumes use of marijuana and precludes eligibility to purchase a firearm. Doesn’t matter that the state approves medical marijuana or not. Federal law controls FFL/4473 rules and marijuana possession is still against federal law. I once had a buyer give me his Oklahoma medical marijuana card as prof of residency. No sale.

Latest posts

Top Bottom