Don’t look good for the weather

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
KXII is now saying there's a probable tornado headed NNE toward LeHigh (NW of Atoka) and another one headed toward Lane (SE of Atoka).

Not sure they have their ducks in a row on location. :/

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I don't want any of youse gettin' hit by a tornado or big hail or nothin', but out here in my part of Yukon, it's just rained a little off and on. By the way, anybody know if you can mow when most of your yard is a couple inches underwater?

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I don't want any of youse gettin' hit by a tornado or big hail or nothin', but out here in my part of Yukon, it's just rained a little off and on. By the way, anybody know if you can mow when most of your yard is a couple inches underwater?

A couple of inches?!?! That's ALL?!?!?!? I am on the east side of Lake Overholser and I got 4 inches in my backyard.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We got 3.3” in an hour and a half this morning around daylight. Another inch since then. We live on a ridge with a 3/10 mile driveway that drops 129’ pretty quick. It’s steep.
The leaves blocked the ditches and got onto the road cutting it in a couple places.
Then at the bottom of the hill, there is a culvert that also plugged with leaves, sticks and rocks causing the water to cut the road at that location.
I was out there all afternoon in rain gear and a shovel breaking up more leaf/stick jams all afternoon.
The bottom section of the driveway is still under water.

28d67525cdc017f1091348e7d1815f02.jpg

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We got 3.3” in an hour and a half this morning around daylight. Another inch since then. We live on a ridge with a 3/10 mile driveway that drops 129’ pretty quick. It’s steep.
The leaves blocked the ditches and got onto the road cutting it in a couple places.
Then at the bottom of the hill, there is a culvert that also plugged with leaves, sticks and rocks causing the water to cut the road at that location.
I was out there all afternoon in rain gear and a shovel breaking up more leaf/stick jams all afternoon.
The bottom section of the driveway is still under water.

28d67525cdc017f1091348e7d1815f02.jpg

I never understood the issue with leaves until we spent that time in Oregon. The Ranch there was on the side of a mountain, and one had to take a leaf blower and clean out the ditches prior to it raining. Otherwise, the roads would get washed out when the ditches backed up from the leaves and sticks. Trust me, I'd wear the backpack blower and walk down the hill. (No way I was carrying it up the hill.) Once I got to the bottom, I'd take off the blower and walk back up for the ATV.

Latest posts

Top Bottom