Dont clench your butt in Deming New Mexico

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do either of those give law enforcement the right to dole out three cavity searches, and x-ray, and a colonoscopy? It's frightening if citizens now view "being an ass" to a cop a legitimate reason to do repeated cave diving episodes to someone.

My mom is as type A as it gets and I have seen her yell at an officer who is in the wrong like they were her kid. My mom is NUTS but she doesn't lay down for anyone. She's gotten her fair share of tickets too (she fights every single one though) but no officer leaves without getting a piece of what's on her mind.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope, like most of us must as well that the story is bogus. but there are medical charts/records, hospital bills showing the procedures performed. Plus the signed warrant.

I am starting to think it strange the guy didn't want to be interviewed. Maybe he is just embarrassed or maybe he doesn't want to answer questions??

The only place he should be speaking is in court if necessary. Why should he speak to the media just so yahoos can have details about his tradgedy? I would not jeopardize my civil case for something completely unbeneficial.

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, there IS more to the story. More horror...Eckert is apparently not the only driver to get probed because of "Leo" the drug dog:

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S3210356.shtml?cat=500#.UnqiHBCFdBr

It's a story that has left the entire country wondering about the state of law enforcement in New Mexico.

4 On Your Side revealed how David Eckert rolled through a stop sign in Deming.

A K-9 named Leo alerted that it sniffed drugs on Eckert's driver's seat.

And, for the next 14 hours, those police officers, and doctors at the Gila Regional Medical Center performed eight medical procedures including x-rays, rectal finger exams, enemas, and finally a colonoscopy.

According to a federal lawsuit, officers Bobby Orosco and Robert Chavez were two of the officers involved, and they never found drugs inside Eckert.

Our investigation reveals another chapter. Another man, another minor traffic violation, another incident with Leo the K-9 and another example of the violation of a man's body.

Police reports state deputies stopped Timothy Young because he turned without putting his blinker on.

Again, Leo the K-9 alerts on Young's seat.

Young is taken to the Gila Regional Medical Center in Silver City, and just like Eckert, he's subjected to medical procedures including x-rays of his stomach and an anal exam.

Again, police found nothing, and again the procedures were done without consent, and in a county not covered by the search warrant.

We've learned more about that drug dog, Leo, that seems to get it wrong pretty often. He might be getting it wrong because he's not even certified in New Mexico.

If you take a look at the dog's certification, the dog did get trained. But his certification to be a drug dog expired in April 2011. K-9s need yearly re-certification courses, and Leo is falling behind.

"We have done public requests to find anything that would show this dog has been trained, we have evidence that this dog has had false alerts in the past," Eckert's attorney Shannon Kennedy said.

The doctors from the Gila Regional Medical Center have been turned over to the state licensing board. It's possible they could lose the ability to practice to medicine.

And the police officers will be answering to a law enforcement board.

fluxed

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good grief, the dog has not been trained? They did the same trick on another guy? Anal exams for a BS dog sniff? Twice? :pissed:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, there IS more to the story. More horror...Eckert is apparently not the only driver to get probed because of "Leo" the drug dog:

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S3210356.shtml?cat=500#.UnqiHBCFdBr

IF, this is accurate, the New Mexico Attorney General's Office and the NM State Police need to shut down the department and assume the LE responsibilities of that agency until such time that a thorough investigation can be completed. A single instance is bad enopugh. If a pattern emerges, then it's on the CLEO and his command staff. :mad:

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did anyone else click on this link and look at this dudes picture? Then, did you see the caption next to it "Dr. Robert Mitchell Wilcox MD is a male doctor", maybe it is just my strange mind, but I am glad they pointed this out to me.

Given the pic, it's probably something that comes up a lot:

www.vitals.com_v_upload_photo_Dr_Robert_Wilcox.jpg

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do either of those give law enforcement the right to dole out three cavity searches, and x-ray, and a colonoscopy? It's frightening if citizens now view "being an ass" to a cop a legitimate reason to do repeated cave diving episodes to someone.

Being an A$$ is no excuse IF this story is true but it sure leads to things escalating.

There is talk the police report states they have dealt with guy previously and him hiding drugs in his butt. This is the reason being given the warrant was issued in the first place.

Also, he was released after being ticketed, but as he walked away he was asked if they could search him and his truck. He told them they could search the truck, but not his person. Raising suspicion.

I have not read the report myself. Just heard rumors of the above.

Which is just as reliable as most of these stories posted here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom