Dont look now...but prices and sanity are being restored.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joeh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope so! I need a few more parts to finish my upper build...bcg, barrel, gas system & hand guards. Just couldn't bring myself to pay the outrageous prices I've been seeing. Hopefully soon some of the manufacturers will have BCG's back in stock at reasonable prices...

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just got back from two Tulsa stores with Colt SOCOM, LE6920s, Bushy etc. etc. Prices were still stupid high but they aren’t moving. Same rifles that were there last week. I’m taking that as the first indicator that things will have to come down in order to move them now. Stuff sitting on the shelf won’t pay the bills.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Waiting on ammo to come down. Talked to the wife I want to go on the case a month club, we shoot too damn much when we go shooting and enjoy ourselves. I've to make sure I am prepared with rifle ammo.

grnflash

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
...But I fear those who overpaid (which is understandable given the conditions) will be trying to recoup funds, and keep their stuff listed high, keeping everyone elses stuff high. But there is hope:)

This can only last up until the point that manufacturers start making regular deliveries again. At that point, prices might even drop below pre-scare levels, as each seller maneuvers in an effort not to be left "holding the bag".

In fact, you can pretty much guarantee it will go this way unless mfgs can't or won't (for whatever reason) catch up on backorders.

(Edit: why do I ALWAYS misspell guarantee? Arrrggh!)

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I also think that a lot of people just ran out of money. I think the top of the market is disappearing.

I mean, how many people have $2,000 CASH laying around for spur of the moment gun purchases. There is a finite number of those people out there.

I think big ticket items will come down quicker, but small ticket items like lowers will take a while. Most people actually can scrape up $300 in a perceived "emergency" and would be willing to pay inflated costs for the guarantee of owning a lower.

Nimaro

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a suprise when i got home from work yesterday. package from midway with some of my backordered pmags, 10 days early to boot! so they ARE starting to trickle back out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom