Double dip on the way?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We should know for sure the end of next month but at this time it sure looks like a double dip recession is headed this way. The GDP for the first quarter was revised down to 0.4% from 1.9%. For the second quarter it is at 1.3% and if revised down nearly as much we will be in negative territory again.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe that we are headed that way if not already really in one and the numbers are just inflated and spun and don't reflect it.

I also won't be happy about it. I will however be happy about the fact that once the numbers prove it, Obama and Congress won't be able to deny it anymore and continue down this road of pretending that everything is just peachy and we're recovering.

The government needs an enema... we need to vote to clean out all of those crooks and get some common sense people in there instead of life long politicians.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe that we are headed that way if not already really in one and the numbers are just inflated and spun and don't reflect it.

I also won't be happy about it. I will however be happy about the fact that once the numbers prove it, Obama and Congress won't be able to deny it anymore and continue down this road of pretending that everything is just peachy and we're recovering.

The government needs an enema... we need to vote to clean out all of those crooks and get some common sense people in there instead of life long politicians.

I AGREE. It Does need a large ENEMA

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't heard anything about it. I guess I have to agree that I hope there isn't one, but it would prove that the boat is taking on water, and rather than just assume the boat is too big to sink, we might invest some time and effort to fix the holes.

One of my favorite metrics (thanks to the CFO of our company), is the PMI. Right now it's still above 50% and is steadily (but slowly) increasing.

DA 20

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I don't know why anyone would be happy about another recession, but we need something to prove Obama is way over his head.

Latest posts

Top Bottom