DPMS Ammunition Warning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
no, it is horrible for that application. could you purchase all of it and send it to me?

I would but I'm afraid the shipping charges would make that a deal killer. Between the 3 WalMarts here I'm guessing they have at least 200 cases out on the sales floor.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, another advantage to Rijas. Any ammo, garanteed

Well, call me a skeptic ... since they go on to say elsewhere:

"If you have a provable ammo related failure to the point that it blows the back off the shell or splits the casing and does damage to the rifle the repair is 100% parts and 100% labor warrantied."

Doesn't sound like it would cover the "feeding and extraction problems" that the DPMS note is about, unless of course you could prove the ammo caused the failure and damaged the case or the rifle. Word of mouth or even website promos being what they are, might be interesting to see a written copy of just what their warranty does and doesn't cover and to what degree.

Of course, it might be sort of like a distributor for Craftsman tools once said when asked how they could afford to honor their lifetime warranty. His answer was that they were manufactured so cheaply and sold for so much up front that they could afford to replace each and every tool five or six times and still turn a profit.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
•Any steel-cased (coated or non-coated) ammunition
The problem with this ammunition is that the lacquer coating on the case. As the barrel heats up, the lacquer turns to a soft, varnish substance and upon cool down, becomes very solid and difficult to remove. This effectively creates an undersized chamber and creates understandable problems.

I thought this was debunked years ago. And per their example, how could there be a coating issue on a case that doesn't have a coating?

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i177.photobucket.com_albums_w228_zhouyuDAman_Face_Palm.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom