DPMS Ammunition Warning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
AK's do break and fail.
AR's also break and fail.
Saying you have an AK because DPMS warns against using certain ammo types in their guns is like saying you drive a Geo because Yugos suck.

Why is it so hard to just admit that the tool is dictated by the users preference and proficiency?
I have come to realize it is because some people are stuck on comparing arrows instead of indians.

This. An AK is the equivalent of a machete, the AR a filet knife. They both fill their intended roles well. Neither does the other very well. Why anyone would expect different is beyond me. :screwy:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
RickN wrote :Seriously DPMS saying not to use reloads or other types of ammo, is a great reason not to buy DPMS.

Well then you should not buy a savage 10FP with accutrigger either.
I got my .308 10fp savage new in the box and it also stated warranty void in using handloads.

I got a used Mossberg 100atr in 30-06 and stuck a round from over pressure (working up loads)
Had to beat the bolt open..broke the extractor on the bolt..Emailed Mossberg
Told them i loved the gun and it was broke from working up loads and stuck a case, I stated I would like a part number so i could order the parts to fix it.
The guy asked for the serial number and my address and name..
I gave it to him..2 days later i have 2 extractors and springs and check balls in the mailbox ..
WOW.. all free..That guy got an attaboy Email from me.

You decide i like all my rifles...and all get handloads.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would but I'm afraid the shipping charges would make that a deal killer. Between the 3 WalMarts here I'm guessing they have at least 200 cases out on the sales floor.

You are making it harder and harder for me to "convince" GC that we need to stay south of the American/Canadian border when he retires ... :grumble: Gee, thanks ... :(

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, here's a woman's take on it. Every particular gun and every particular ammo serves a purpose. Don't try to use something for a task for which it was not made. This includes hand loaded ammunition. If you don't know what you are doing, study until you do know or ask someone who does know. Really guys ... it's not that hard ... All this angst ... sigh ...

This is like girls arguing over whether granny panties or g-strings are better. They both serve a purpose ... just different types of the same thing for different jobs ... that's all ... :)

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
RickN wrote :Seriously DPMS saying not to use reloads or other types of ammo, is a great reason not to buy DPMS.

Well then you should not buy a savage 10FP with accutrigger either.
I got my .308 10fp savage new in the box and it also stated warranty void in using handloads.

No problem, I won't.

Seriously I am not saying AKs are better then ARs or any of that crap (even if it is true :D ) I am saying that if you are buying ANYTHING for defense or SHTF then it better work with everything it might possibly need to. IE if you have a truck you intend to use for bugging out, it should not only run well on Premium Unleaded gas. Your serious social situation firearms should work with whatever ammo you can find.

Latest posts

Top Bottom