drivers license stoopidity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teslawasframed

Night Watchman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here in Duncan the tag office at 81 & Elk takes walk-ins, no daily limit. In line at opening time gets you out quick. If not, you can wait, or your name goes on a list with a phone number and they call you when they're one client away from your name. You get a paper license, and the new one comes in the mail. Mine (regular, not Real ID) came in 8 days.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw this today

Attachments

• 4EC0450D-515F-445C-8872-EA0F078CBE52.jpeg
    4EC0450D-515F-445C-8872-EA0F078CBE52.jpeg
    128.1 KB · Views: 55

bobfuente

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmm didnt know the county issued birth certificates thought the state did that, I quess im screwed since i wasnt born i was hatched and they dont issue anything for that lol.
I don't know. But that's what the tag agency guy said. As I studied how to get one I saw the state come up, and there were I think, three different entities I could try to get it through. I took a stab at this one.
2B7D4F90-161E-4CBA-880D-3DF3C41F76B0.png

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I currently have a class B CDL cause of my job i no long work at and only drove intrastate and would have to sign a wavier at the DPS so i didnt have to do the fiscal and only have a M endorsement and air brakes endorsement on my license and it has been that way for nearly 30 years

Uncle TK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got back from the tag office and this is how it went. There is only one clerk and computer which processes "Real ID." I was seen 45 minutes early. I had all the documents required. First off the bat he wanted a passport. I never have had one but I had my original hospital birth certificate. I mean the Real McCoy. They don't accept hospital Birth Certificates. I was flabbergasted. They only take County Birth Certificates. The list of requirements clearly state "Birth Certificate." It doesn't specify between county or hospital. So he provided me with a phone number and email address. I was born out of state. So I ordered one through the county in which I was born. When it arrives, I will schedule another appointment and try at this again.

The hospital issued birth certificate is a keepsake, a souvenir. The state issued (or county issued) birth certificate is the legal document filed (usually when you are sitll in the hospital after having the child) or by an agent with the county or state as record of birth.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The hospital issued birth certificate is a keepsake, a souvenir. The state issued (or county issued) birth certificate is the legal document filed (usually when you are sitll in the hospital after having the child) or by an agent with the county or state as record of birth.
Oddly enough, it was the hospital issued certificate used to verify Barack Hussein Obama's US birth.

A certificate that was obviously altered, BTW.

bobfuente

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had no idea. Obviously this is good to know. Thanks!

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A good question that seems to be of little or no concern for our elected officials. I was finally able to get a Real ID by going online at Edmond Downtown Tag Agency at exactly 9 am on a Friday morning to book an appointment for the following week. My girlfriend has renewed her regular DL online but has received nothing yet. We seem to continue to tolerate pathetic service by a lot of state agencies.
Having those worthless bureaucrats sitting in an office living off our productive output at least keeps them off our streets.

Latest posts

Top Bottom