Drought.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iratus

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some folks will be caught with their pants down . We rarely depend on grocery stores for our food. Get off your lazy ass and grow more of what you eat. Hard times are coming and from what I see now and from 10 years ago people are going to get hungry. This admin is trying to destroy our self sufficiency. I have kin folks that still don't see it.
Youre not wrong, I severely lack the knowledge.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well good ole Cali and crew have hundreds of miles of coastline, build a few nuke power plants that also de salinate sea water and solve two problems at the same time, power and water.

Oh wait thats right, they had that, but closed them all down.
I put 70 miles 5 days a week on I 40, I'd guesstimate 6-7 of 10 trucks are sportin Cali plates , the better part of them are sporting reffers.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mead and Powell have been dropping for years, its not like one could not look ahead and think, hey we might need to start looking at other sources for power and water.

The Hoover damn has not run all its generators in years anyway they normally run 4 at a time. Now when they are no longer able to take in water and there is no cavitation, then you are going to have issues.

By Treaty with Mexico there has to be X amount of water released for downstream flow as well.

Also stop building homes and cities in the desert, and if you do not stop, then stop with the fountains, green grass lawns and trees that are not native to the desert.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There should be a simple table of power being generated year to year but it’s not on the web or burried IMO. Looks like it’s down 33%.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/hoover-dam-power-production-down-33-official-says/ar-AAXLLD6

There are 17 turbines — nine fed by the two towers on the Arizona side and eight fed by the Nevada towers. The technology and the design of the turbines has improved over the years. All the original turbines were replaced between 1986 and 1993.

And recent design improvements have been put in place as five turbines were rebuilt over the past decade, Hendrix said. The rebuilt “wide-head” turbines operate more efficiently and have a higher tolerance as hydraulic force drops.

Hendrix said the dam can continue normal power production until Lake Mead drops to 950 feet — about 100 feet lower that its current level. And even then, the dam can still generate power, but the turbines that have not been upgraded will be operating in the “rough” zone.

Power production and water supply are two different ballgames. While Las Vegas residents have watched nervously as Lake Mead’s level has dropped, the effect on power production has been invisible to some degree.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They just found out that Lake Mead and Lake Powell's water levels are dropping? Isn't that the normal way the government works and then they cry conserve, conserve and put limitations on everyone. If a potential problem starts, take action then and don't wait until the 11th hour. I have relatives that do that and it is extremely frustrating. They don't buy for tomorrow, only today. Feeling dizzy, lightheaded, chest pain? They wait until they pass out and then maybe-maybe they'll go see a Doctor if they feel like going.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Some folks will be caught with their pants down . We rarely depend on grocery stores for our food. Get off your lazy ass and grow more of what you eat. Hard times are coming and from what I see now and from 10 years ago people are going to get hungry. This admin is trying to destroy our self sufficiency. I have kin folks that still don't see it.

Remember when the US GOV wanted to get rid of a certain people so they massacred a bunch of Buffalo almost to extinction.

Control the food and you control the population.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our pasture is crunchy in spots, if rain doesn't come we'll be putting out hay before long . Just got hay today too luckily we buy more than we need per year and have leftover from last year.

Latest posts

Top Bottom