Drought.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of the highlights of visiting Vegas was a tour of Hoover Dam. We have gone two different times and saw the turbines and workings of the dam. This was 20 yrs ago and you could see the effects of the drought back then.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me in the least if radical like Antifa and other radicals to include foreign agents who have crossed our borders to attempt to destroy food processing plants, Electrical plants, water supply etc. The Democrats have let them get by with too much without much said and they are emboldened. We are very vulnerable with open borders,/illegals of all types, extremely poor security and increased crime. And the Democrat congress sits back on their cans not doing anything.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The price of hay is being affected. Seeing $ 95 and up on round bales on cl. Hope you have a friend in the hay biz.
Paid $55 last year, priced it last week from same guy $85. Another guy was paying him for 130 bales he just bought at $90. He waited till the guy left and told me $85 only because I been buying hay from him for over 10 yrs. Said he had hay if I needed it but wasn't selling any more to anyone else. Some more are going to sale can't see a profit at those prices.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The price of hay is being affected. Seeing $ 95 and up on round bales on cl. Hope you have a friend in the hay biz.
The USDA report is showing $90 per large round bale for Bermudagrass hay in North Central OK; NW OK says $200/ton.

Kinda wishing I'd fertilized and sprayed my field this spring. The Johnson grass and weeds are doing great, but they don't make for a premium bale.

Latest posts

Top Bottom