Earthquake home insurance policy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well Sunday evening my wife, out of the clear blue tells me we need earthquake insurance.

So, we call Geico/Liberty Mutual and they told us they don't offer it. So, who do you know would give us a quote for a separate policy just for earthquake??

Thanks!!

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
State Farm offers it with homeowner's coverage, not a stand alone policy. Deductible is 2% of Coverage A. Premium is roughly 60 cents per $1k of A coverage. They don't issue it until 60 afters a 5.0 earthquake. So there's been a couple of delays on getting policies this past year.

If you find something, ask specifically if they cover exterior bricks. Some earthquake policies don't cover brick damage. And deductibles can be upwards of 15% of A coverage.

jw405

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got mine through my AAA homeowners policy and it was pretty reasonable. The deductible is a little high, 5% of the rebuild cost but a lot less than the 100% it would cost me without the coverage.

soonergto

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Weird....I work for Liberty Mutual and we do offer it. I don't know why we wouldn't through our partnership with Geico since it's the same policy. We have a 15% deductible and exclude brick veneer.

I can also set you up with a guy that writes standalone earthquake policies that are pretty inexpensive and have less limitations.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What the hell good does it do if you exclude brick?

All you insurance peeps a fargin crooks man.

That's like Allstates crap, we will fix the damage from the roof leak, but we wont fix the roof.

Where is the logic in that.

Crooks, all of ya's.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What the hell good does it do if you exclude brick?

All you insurance peeps a fargin crooks man.

That's like Allstates crap, we will fix the damage from the roof leak, but we wont fix the roof.

Where is the logic in that.

Crooks, all of ya's.

The government gave me a license to be a crook, just like an FFL :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom